Where is the new HC rom???

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
With the HC SDK being dropped early this week, I'm wondering where the next release for NC is?!?!

I continue to be amazed at the work the devs do here in the forums, and I can't wait to try it out! The current Honeycomb has some issues, as it should, but I would love to make HC my daily driver.

Signed,

Impatiently Waiting.......

moonpie28

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
New SDK doesn't offer much. The real ROM will come when the actual source code is available. That's what AOSP is....Android Open Source Project.

Sent from my swype-a-myn-a-calkytalky googly super premium deluxe astounda phone

nuness1988

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So how soon after the other releases has google put out the AOSP? Do they like to make the community wait or are they pretty quick about it?

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The word is within 30 days of first Honeycomb release (i.e. XOOM).

Not sure if this is set in stone?

Well, at this point in time the lack of Honeycomb AOSP is stalling ROM progress.
I like HC v4 on my nook running from SD but it is far from stable and a little too slow (probably because it's running from SD)
Hey Google! WTF! We need Honeycomb AOSP if you want to compete against the iPad 2!

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, at this point in time the lack of Honeycomb AOSP is stalling ROM progress.
I like HC v4 on my nook running from SD but it is far from stable and a little too slow (probably because it's running from SD)
Hey Google! WTF! We need Honeycomb AOSP if you want to compete against the iPad 2!

Like all things Android, it'll be released when it's ready....and even when it is it'll still be awhile before we see anything that is even close to stable.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure 30 days is part of one of the licences android is released under. Some versions code is released extremely soon. Others are released at almost the end of the 30 days.

And coolVariable, Nexus One has it's official gingerbread. The old jokes should now be completely dead.

Eddog4DROID

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am running the v.4 on my eMMC as a dual boot and it is very slow there too (though I haven't overclocked it yet, but I am sure that will not make a huge difference.)

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am running the v.4 on my eMMC as a dual boot and it is very slow there too (though I haven't overclocked it yet, but I am sure that will not make a huge difference.)

The performanve difference between stock, nf, and hc at stock clock vs 1ghz or 1.1ghz is very noticable. Overclock!

Sent from my Honey Nook via Tapatalk

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nexus One has it's official gingerbread. The old jokes should now be completely dead.

Sorry, but a company that so blatantly LIES deserves to be the butt of jokes.
And maybe I was referring to Google's PR-BS about yesterday's malware news which boasted the fact that no phone with Android 2.3 and newer was affected (which is 2 out 100+ phones). I am sure all these other phones are going to get GB "in a couple of weeks", just as we are surely going to get official B&N HC "in a couple of weeks".

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but a company that so blatantly LIES deserves to be the butt of jokes.
And maybe I was referring to Google's PR-BS about yesterday's malware news which boasted the fact that no phone with Android 2.3 and newer was affected (which is 2 out 100+ phones). I am sure all these other phones are going to get GB "in a couple of weeks",

That's not google's responsibility to update non-nexus devices. Welcome to android, love it or hate it. As for the Nexus 1, Webster defines few as "not many". Is something like 10 so blatantly "many"? I don't think so personally. Also, who cares? The N1 had gingerbread since like Day 2.

just as we are surely going to get official B&N HC "in a couple of weeks".

You have no clue on your facts, just lashing out at this point. The nook color is never ever ever ever going to get official honeycomb, I'd be willing to bet money on it. It will however get a community port of it.

Seriously, learn how android works before you bash it with incorrect statements.

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That's not google's responsibility to update non-nexus devices. Welcome to android, love it or hate it. As for the Nexus 1, Webster defines few as "not many". Is something like 10 so blatantly "many"? I don't think so personally. Also, who cares? The N1 had gingerbread since like Day 2.

You have no clue on your facts, just lashing out at this point. The nook color is never ever ever ever going to get official honeycomb, I'd be willing to bet money on it. It will however get a community port of it.

Seriously, learn how android works before you bash it with incorrect statements.

1. Manners?
2. Couple of weeks =|= couple of months (which is how long it took)
3. Google lied. It's a fact. Deal with it.

WHYCHUK

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
1. Manners?
2. Couple of weeks =|= couple of months (which is how long it took)
3. Google lied. It's a fact. Deal with it.

Dude, do you have any idea how much control Google has over what manufacturers do with their Android OS? Here's a hint: almost none. Stop complaining and just understand that the Android platform is a bit complicated. If you wanted a simple experience where the company did everything for you, go get an iPad. I hear there's a really cool one coming out next Friday.

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Dude, do you have any idea how much control Google has over what manufacturers do with their Android OS? Here's a hint: almost none. Stop complaining and just understand that the Android platform is a bit complicated. If you wanted a simple experience where the company did everything for you, go get an iPad. I hear there's a really cool one coming out next Friday.

"Dude" - Google can't even control their own platform development ... 2 1/2 months to get GB out for their OWN phone. That is not a couple of weeks. It's pathetic. Time for you fanboys to wake up and realize that Google is just as sh!tty a company as Crapple.
That doesn't mean that android is all bad but it does mean that Google is a liar and sh!tty developer when it comes to software.
And people are absolutely within their right when they complain about google not releasing AOSP for HC. All the devs have now (rightly so) stopped development on SDK ROMs and we are all waiting for the AOSP.
Time for people to call Google out on their lying sh!tty ways!

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
"Dude" - Google can't even control their own platform development ... 2 1/2 months to get GB out for their OWN phone. That is not a couple of weeks. It's pathetic. Time for you fanboys to wake up and realize that Google is just as sh!tty a company as Crapple.
That doesn't mean that android is all bad but it does mean that Google is a liar and sh!tty developer when it comes to software.
And people are absolutely within their right when they complain about google not releasing AOSP for HC. All the devs have now (rightly so) stopped development on SDK ROMs and we are all waiting for the AOSP.
Time for people to call Google out on their lying sh!tty ways!

and it's this type of consumer mindset that basically forces companies into releasing half-baked goods like the xoom or the first round of the galaxy s or any number of other buggy, unfinished technology products that continually find their way to market.

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
and it's this type of consumer mindset that basically forces companies into releasing half-baked goods like the xoom or the first round of the galaxy s or any number of other buggy, unfinished technology products that continually find their way to market.

Mmmh. Other companies can stick to a schedule and deliver a non-buggy, finished and polished product.
And I think people have a right to be angry that "Doodle" and Co think they can do whatever they want without any repercussions from consumers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StudyMantraOverseas