Where is the Nexus 7 OTA?

longsock123

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I have a 32 GB wifi only N7, and I still haven't gotten the update yet, even though it seems like everyone else already has :(. Anyone else still not gotten the 5.0 OTA, or is it just me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have it yet either. I don't have actual statistics, but it seems like Lollipop rolled out fully to the Nexus 5, but the 2013 N7's rollout got suspended (or at least slowed down). There has been speculation that it was due to Google wanting to iron out more bugs.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received it either (Nexus 7 2013 32 GB wi-fi model). After reading the reports of some people who HAVE received it, I think I'm glad it's been delayed in reaching me.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sends like most that have complained about bugs have cleared them up with cache wipe, or at worst factory reset. I still don't have it either, BTW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here yet in Boston Ma.....I have in the past, been one of the first to get updates on my Nexus 7, but not this time.

Jumbi

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting here as well. Hopefully soon. I was tempted to use Wugfresh on my computer to manually install.

Posted via the Android Central App

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have it yet either. I don't have actual statistics, but it seems like Lollipop rolled out fully to the Nexus 5, but the 2013 N7's rollout got suspended (or at least slowed down). There has been speculation that it was due to Google wanting to iron out more bugs.

Yeah something has to be up. It seems OK on my N7. I have noticed it gets really laggy in one specific instance. I did the cache partition wipe immediately after the OTA installed as it ran horribly. It seems like after I play Real Racing 3 (which runs fine) the system performance goes into the toilet. If I clear the game from Recents, it perks right up and is fine.

Weird.

My wife has still not received the OTA, but as Tech Support around here I'm happy to have Google sort things out a bit before sending it out to her........

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember, folks, geographic location doesn't matter ...

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here yet. You're definitely not alone. I'm fine with that, given the reported bugs (although my Nexus 4, after initial wifi wonkiness, seems to have settled in to Lollipop).

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that the update was pulled. I got the pop-up for the OTA update but declined it. Next day pop-up still there. Now I have no pop-up and when I search for a software update I am told that I am up to date with my kit kat.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk