Where is the RSS app?? Loosing my mind!!!

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda going crazy with this one guys. I no longer have the RSS app in my app drawer. This is probably going to sound fairly nuts because the missing RSS app was brought to my attention while I was trying to find and delete it. It still shows up in the manage applications menu but no actual app exists. Like I said, I was going to remove it anyway but this sort of thing drives me nuts. I even went as far as running the latest RUU and still no RSS. Was it removed in the latest update or tied into the news & weather app? Any help would be great.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
There are a ton of RSS readers out there. Can't you just download one off the market?

A lot of the Sense apps are tied together, if you removed a few already.

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda going crazy with this one guys. I no longer have the RSS app in my app drawer. This is probably going to sound fairly nuts because the missing RSS app was brought to my attention while I was trying to find and delete it. It still shows up in the manage applications menu but no actual app exists. Like I said, I was going to remove it anyway but this sort of thing drives me nuts. I even went as far as running the latest RUU and still no RSS. Was it removed in the latest update or tied into the news & weather app? Any help would be great.
There is no RSS app installed on the Evo out of the box.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Of course I could dl a 3rd party reader, that's totally besides the point. And for the second reply, there is a rss app out of the box. That's why I am asking where it went. I never use it but it was there in the original shipped Rom and still in manage apps menu.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
That's my point, was it removed at some point. I like to keep my Roms nice and neat so I usually try to remove not only app but all .odex and data files. The rss still has all these files and .apk but no app. I tried posting a screen shot of ny app list but its not displaying for some reason. If you go to settings>applications>manage applications do you have rss reader listed under all?

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No not at all because technically there is NO APP lol. I'm an EVO since launch while I'm not 100% positive, I am fairly certain that the app did have a functioning icon in the app drawer. Anyway enjoy your new toy. Its still an awesome device considering its age.

htcuser8740

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? If your rooted and running a non-sense custom rom , the stock RSS reader will not work. (I'm assuming your speaking of the stockRSS widget )When using a non-sense rom, the HTC sense Widgets do not work at all.

Sent from EVO using Tapatalk.

ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 RLS 5
Kernal: King's # 11
Root method: No clue, it was awhile back and I'm still amazed I got it done.