Where is this update?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Here's how I got mine... Go to settings>apps>Google services framework. Then hit "force stop" and then hit "clear data". After I did that I went back to settings>about tablet and checked for updates and there it was.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's how I got mine... Go to settings>apps>Google services framework. Then hit "force stop" and then hit "clear data". After I did that I went back to settings>about tablet and checked for updates and there it was.

That works sometimes but it can also cause problems.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've tried that in the past successfully, but it hasn't worked on my Nexus.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Didn't work for me :/

ViennaGambit

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
You sure it didn't automatically install? Did you check you latest build to see if you have Jss15q?

Thought I didn't get the update, but I guess I did since I have the Jss15Q... It never asked me to install.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The Google framework trick works for many but it normally creates new headaches from doing it.

Best thing to do is wait until it hits your device or take the plunge and use the factory images from Google to update.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It is my belief that all that deleting data from framework services does is download the update if it was made available by Google AFTER your device last checked for an update (which it generally does daily) but BEFORE the next normal check for updates.

I.E. Your device did a normal daily check for updates at 9am but Google made the update available for your device at 1pm (4 hours later). I think the system update wouldn't download until the following morning at 9am (or whenever it actually does its next normal check for updates). Deleting data from framework services would only force the update if you did it after 1pm.

Posted via Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I forced my 2012 Nexus to get 4.3 originally. Usually you have to remove and then re add your google account cause it breaks the ability to update apps when you clear framework services. I havent bothered forcing this update yet, figured I can wait it out.

WestOkid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The Google framework trick works for many but it normally creates new headaches from doing it.

Best thing to do is wait until it hits your device or take the plunge and use the factory images from Google to update.

Don't you have to root and unlock boot loader to install factory images? Not sure I want to void warranty on 1 week old device that's why I ask.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't you have to root and unlock boot loader to install factory images? Not sure I want to void warranty on 1 week old device that's why I ask.
You need to unlock, but not root.

I doubt they will void your warranty for unlocking as that is the only way to flash Google-provided factory restores, since they didn't bother signing them.