where to buy Galaxy s3 Mother board/Mainboard?

vince mcclammy1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an I535 that evidently has a friend mainboard. I tried all the steps to fix it from a softbrick but still get nothing. From what i have read it needs a new motherboard/mainboard but I cannot find one for sale anywhere. There are several on ebay but they say Bad ESN (whatever that means) so I am assuming those are not good. I just need a new mainboard so I can get my phone working. Anyone have one or have a supplier that sells them? My search terms must be wrong because I cannot find any.

- - - Updated - - -

*fried

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
A bad esn just means that phone can't be used on a carrier.....either been reported stolen or the owner didn't pay the bill so the carrier black listed the esn....if the esn or meid number is not stored on the main board you could use one with a bad esn....of course I could be wrong.....may be able to get a used one for what it would cost anyway.....

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an I535 that evidently has a friend mainboard. I tried all the steps to fix it from a softbrick but still get nothing. From what i have read it needs a new motherboard/mainboard but I cannot find one for sale anywhere. There are several on ebay but they say Bad ESN (whatever that means) so I am assuming those are not good. I just need a new mainboard so I can get my phone working. Anyone have one or have a supplier that sells them? My search terms must be wrong because I cannot find any.

- - - Updated - - -

*fried

Have you tried to have the board jtagged? contact me if you did not try jtag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Compgirl14

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I sent my S3 to Samsung because it would not hold a charge. They sent the phone back after 2 weeks with a note saying the motherboard was bad and that replacing the motherboard would cost as much as the phone itself. They said the phone was damaged although all of my trouble shooting to find out what the problem was with the phone was done with the assistance of T-Mobile Technical Support or Samsung Support. The phone is basically useless so would like to replace the motherboard if at all possible. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Get a unit off of Ebay with a bad screen or whatnot with a good mainboard. Then either put your good parts on the Ebay phone or vice versa.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I only know enough to be dangerous - I was under the impression that a 'bad' ESN was typically from a phone that the carrier has red flagged. Either because the phone was reported stolen or some similar shenanigans.

So I don't think that JTAG will correct an issue with a bad ESN.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

rebel27kt

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 motherboard on ebay , just put this number in the ebay searchbar and it will automatically come up. 171914634102

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gennenb