Which is recommended? Migrating or Freshly install apps on new Android Phone

fathom-avant

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
• I just recently bought a Samsung A52s. My previous Android smartphone was the Pocophone F1 (Xiaomi).

• As many would recommend that migrating or cloning the contents of an old Android to a new one (Either using the CloneIt or Samsung Switch apps), I want to be sure if freshly installing apps instead would be better AND trouble free (as freezing instances occur).

• Will fresh installs ignore or remove the datas accumulated under all the apps on my previous phone which makes migrating/cloning the route to take?

• If my previous phone was a Samsung unit, I wouldn't hesitate to migrate/clone everything. BUT, it's under a different brand with a different user interface (MIUI vs Samsung UI).

• Your inputs will highly be appreciated. Thank you.

fathom-avant

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
Hi Mustang7757. THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME GREETING. I've done transferring calls, messages and all medias (pictures, docs, videos, etc.) And YES, settings I've ignored. It's the Apps I'm hesitant about. I mean fresh installs would be fine with me BUT I just don't want it to come at a cost of losing accumulated data under certain apps from your previous phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang7757. THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME GREETING. I've done transferring calls, messages and all medias (pictures, docs, videos, etc.) And YES, settings I've ignored. It's the Apps I'm hesitant about. I mean fresh installs would be fine with me BUT I just don't want it to come at a cost of losing accumulated data under certain apps from your previous phone.
Your welcome
Then do fresh install with the apps that way no worries

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another thing to know Samsung smart switch on PC backs up everything once you done the complete transfer, use Google photos/drive as back up also never can have enough back ups , Samsung devices now have Microsoft One drive integrated for back up but believe it's only 5gb free , I l like smart switch on PC which does all of it for free.

fathom-avant

Jun 9, 2022
Visit site
I see. Thanks for these infos Mustang7757. So far, what made things easier was that all my media files are saved on the MicroSD card installed on my previous phone. So it's the apps I'm contemplating if migrating is better or start fresh with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37