Which LG G2 should I get the 16 or 32 GB?

Morelove

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
LG G2, can't decide 16 or 32 GB

Hi everyone :) I know similar questions have already been asked, but still I want some opinions.
I am getting the LG G2 this week, as you know it has no SD card. The price difference between 16 GB and 32 GB is quite small. But the retailer only sells 16 GB Black version or 32 GB White version. I like both colors, so I'm still thinking.
Anyway, the thing is that I don't think I really need 32 GB. I even tried to calculate estimated space for all my contents and it came about 7-9 GBs.
I am not a gamer - although I will definitely try some heavy games, I only play some casual/logic games when I need to kill time. I only put about 1.2 GB of all my music on my phone, it's not that important to me. I also periodically transfer my photos to PC, so I won't have all of them on the phone. Also, I will watch movies only occasionally. And if there's any problem, I could just use an USB-OTG cable.
However, I want to have many apps. I am quite into UI customising (launchers, wallpapers, widgets...) I also use newsfeeds, offline dictionaries, navigation ( about 360 MB of Mapfactor data), read some ebooks, might do some office and photoprocessing work, etc.
That said, I know having 32 GB is a good idea just to be safe in the future. Especially if the phone gets slower when storage is filled. And will updates fill storage too? But still, based on my usage, I'm not sure if I need it. Any advice? :)

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2, can't decide 16 or 32 GB

Welcome to Android Central! It's always best to get as much internal storage as you can afford. You might not need it now, but may end up wanting it later as apps become bigger and more complex. Remember that a 16 GB phone usually only as about 12 GB or so available to the user after accounting for the OS and any bloatware. It might be lower, depending on the phone. A 32 GB phone will have about 26 GB available to the user.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122