Which recovery for BACKside and Harmonia 1.5?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running Harmonia 1.5 and I have ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1 and everything has been working peachy for making backups, flashing Bumblebee and Harmonia, etc.

I'm curious to try out some of the CyanogenMod stuff, namely BACKside (I'm open to other suggestions). Is there a recovery that I can flash that will work with both Harmonia and the nandroid backups I've made, and BACKside? Or do I need a different recovery? I'd also like to still be able to restore my stock nandroid backups as well.

Sent from my VM670

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think both will flash with that, I flash both and I used Xionia and IHO.

Some claim Xionia doesn't always work well on IHO, worked fine for me (.4 version). IHO, I dislike the button layout, but it works fine. Check post 3 of the IHO thread, Jerry has a link for it, called Blarfies recovery or something like that.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's good to know that iho recovery will flash froyo roms. I'm thinking about switching back to harmonia and didn't want to change recoveries.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That's good to know that iho recovery will flash froyo roms. I'm thinking about switching back to harmonia and didn't want to change recoveries.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Not all Froyo roms.
Only a few use Edify scripting. Many use Amend, which will not work.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The IHO recovery works for some "V"'s but not all(Didn't work to well on my "V"). When installing the new IHO-CM7 ROM's or updates I been using the suggested asopCWMod recovery. It seems to do the best job of wiping all data.
I was using ClockWorkMod v3.2.0.1 before that and was still occasionally having a problem here and there associated with not completely wiping data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netabb