Which Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello dudes,

I would like to buy a new smartphone but I dont know which one.

I did some research... and I like the Nokia 8 and the Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

So... which one would you buy?

Important thing for me:
- Fast device, nice userexperience
- Good screen
- Good Battery

That's it. I dont really care about the camera. I just want a fast smartphone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
- Fast device
Usually the flagship device of any manufacturer.
, nice userexperience
That's mainly the launcher, and you can run almost any launcher on any Android phone.
- Good screen
"Good" in what way? They're all good for the density and resolution they have. AMOLED displays pull more current the brighter they get. (Which is a bad thing - but you get blacker blacks.)
- Good Battery
An iPhone. Androids don't do as well as iPhones in the battery area. And with user-replaceable batteries becoming a thing of the past, and with most users not understanding how to use a lithium battery (charge it when it drops to 40%, stop charging at 80%), you're not going to get long life and long time between charges in the same phone. The longer you force it to go between charges, the less time the battery lasts.

It's really mostly a personal choice. I never thought I'd leave the Note line, but I like the pure Android of the Pixel now. (And the monthly security updates that I can set my calendar by. And the tech support that's pretty great [and I spent 46 years designing hardware and developing software, so I know good support from "who wants to be the supervisor?"].)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali