Question While viewing a video on YouTube on Chrome on my Android phone,the screen turns green.

Joshyco

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
While viewing a video on YouTube on Chrome on my Android phone, the screen turns green.

I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it and the issue was resolved initially... only for the issue to recur a little later while viewing YouTube videos on Chrome.

I uninstalled Chrome once again and reinstalled it but this time the issue was not resolved.

This issue occurs while viewing YouTube on Chrome only.. YouTube works fine while viewing on the app and on Internet explorer but I am so used to viewing YouTube videos on Chrome. on my phone.

Could someone please help me out with this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did Chrome come preinstalled on your phone? If it did, you should be able to uninstall updates, and see if it works using the factory-installed version. The problem is that Chrome may then auto-update through the Play Store -- you could try turning off auto-updates for Chrome if that's the case. This would only be a temporary solution, and it could be due to a problem with the latest Android System Webview update (the full explanation can get a little complicated, but suffice it to say that bugs like this often get ironed out in the next update, which usually doesn't take too long).

Have you also tried watching YouTube using Samsung's own Internet browser app?

Joshyco

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
Did Chrome come preinstalled on your phone? If it did, you should be able to uninstall updates, and see if it works using the factory-installed version. The problem is that Chrome may then auto-update through the Play Store -- you could try turning off auto-updates for Chrome if that's the case. This would only be a temporary solution, and it could be due to a problem with the latest Android System Webview update (the full explanation can get a little complicated, but suffice it to say that bugs like this often get ironed out in the next update, which usually doesn't take too long).

Yes Chrome was preinstalled on my device. I did try the factory installed version and it seems to be working for now. I am able to view YouTube on Chrome and I have turned off auto- updates for Chrome... I hope it stays this way..keeping my fingers crossed.

I am able to view YouTube on Internet Explorer and on the app, but I am.more comfortable watching YouTube on Chrome.

Thanks so much for your help..

Reactions: B. Diddy

Joshyco

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site

I spoke too soon!! I tried the factory installed version on Chrome and disabled auto updates for Chrome and it did work for a few minutes.. but now we are back to square one!!

Joshyco

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
That's the current version, so it must have auto-updated. How are you turning off auto-updates for apps in the Play Store?
First of all apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you.

I had initially disabled automatic downloads on Chrome (Chrome- settings-advanced-site settings-automatic downloads) ---instead of turning off auto updates for apps on play store!!

I have now turned off auto updates for apps on playstore and YouTube is working fine on Chrome.

So i assume that the issue was --YouTube did not work properly (hence the screen green ) on the updated version of Google Chrome on my phone.

I hope that since auto updates for apps have been tuned off on the play store now, the functioning of other apps on my phone will not get affected.

and also now since I am using an older version of Chrome, I hope i am able to access other webites (other than YouTube) on Chrome without any hassles.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm glad that's working now. Every couple of weeks or so, I would re-update Chrome and see if the problem persists. Chrome gets updated relatively frequently, and this bug could be fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

Also, make sure to send feedback from within the Chrome settings, so that the developers are aware of this issue.