White calendar post CL14

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have no clue about Linux, but found the .apk (from SDX) for the "old" white calendar pre CL14.

Is there an easy way to install it? SDX kind of gives instructions, but way over my head.

Thanks!

wkj

chibucks

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have no clue about Linux, but found the .apk (from SDX) for the "old" white calendar pre CL14.

Is there an easy way to install it? SDX kind of gives instructions, but way over my head.

Thanks!

wkj

do you have root?

if so (and you're using windows),
1) boot into recovery (hold down vol down, call, end)
2) connect phone to computer
3) go to start > run > type "cmd" to open a command prompt
4) you could from your computer "adb push Calendar.apk /system/app/Calendar.apk" or copy the Calendar.apk to your /sdcard and go into "adb shell", make sure you have su rights and navigate to your /sdcard folder... then "cp Calendar.apk /system/app/Calendar.apk"
5) reboot

and it should work.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
do you have root?

if so (and you're using windows),
1) boot into recovery (hold down vol down, call, end)
2) connect phone to computer
3) go to start > run > type "cmd" to open a command prompt
4) you could from your computer "adb push Calendar.apk /system/app/Calendar.apk" or copy the Calendar.apk to your /sdcard and go into "adb shell", make sure you have su rights and navigate to your /sdcard folder... then "cp Calendar.apk /system/app/Calendar.apk"
5) reboot

and it should work.

So I do need to root.....OK.

The bold section is probably what I'll end up doing. Can I copy the .apk to the sd card through Win. Explorer?

The rest is done with the command prompt from the directory of the drive my phone shows up as on my pc?

Thanks for the instructions. I'll give it a go tonight.

p.s. I found the Samsung wiki........some things are making sense now :) !
wkj

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais