white signal bars after gingerbread update

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the gingerbread update, my signal bars change from blue to white. When white, icant access anything Google. It changes randomly, if i get in and out of airplane mode I can restore it back to blue MOST of the time. But today I can't get any blue bars. So no Gmail, no market, nothing. What gives? Am I missing something?

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been doing this a bunch today but I am in a very weak signal area inside an internal security room inside a building so I think it has something to do with actual signal strength.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I do have blue bars at the moment. I am at the same location I was yesterday when I was getting white bars though. So I am still confused on why it changes. Just happy to have some blue bars... although who knows how long that's going to last. If anybody has some input on this subject please let me know! Thanks

njlx016

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This has been the most annoying bug for me since the Gingerbread update.

To fix the issue I go to Battery and data manager, then Data delivery, then uncheck Data enabled and Background data. After waiting a few seconds I check them again and I have blue bars (and Internet access) again.

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
This has been the most annoying bug for me since the Gingerbread update.

To fix the issue I go to Battery and data manager, then Data delivery, then uncheck Data enabled and Background data. After waiting a few seconds I check them again and I have blue bars (and Internet access) again.

Yup. Just now I had blue bars, proceeded to the market, the market loads, I go to search for an app, and magically I now have white bars and nothing loads. I have to do either what you mentioned above or take it in and out of airplane mode. Possibly an error with att data? Or a gingerbread error?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I think I may have found the issue. It may have something to do with mms. I was browsing around fine (market and Google+) and my wife sent me an mms while I was logging in to g+ and I watched my bars go from blue to white and my up arrow was black. I couldn't do anything...browse, market or download the mms. I put phone in airplane mode, returned airplane to off and bars went back to blue. I went to download the mms and the bars went white again. As soon as the mms downloaded the bars went back blue and all was right in the world. As I am typing this message on my phone she sent another mms and the bars sent from blue to white but automatically went back to blue.

I am convinced it has something to do with how the phone handles mms vs data vs voice.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
@jess I don't believe that MMS is the problem. I can sit and watch mine go from blue to white and back while on wifi and At&t's half ass excuse for 4G and not once have I gotten any texts of any kind while it is going back and forth.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that the signal is there and working if it is white or blue HOWEVER if it is white that means that you don't have a connection with Google servers so email, sync etc might be problematic but your data SHOULD still work just fine. I can't say that my data connections works just fine though when i have the white service bars.

Manbartz

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The only solution I have for this ridiculous glitch is not trying to access anything in the market place if I am not on wifi. I've noticed that the second I try to download, update or browse an app it changes to white signal bars. So, I just avoid the market when I'm not at home pretty much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcj001