Who Did You Buy From?

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
More than likely going to pull the trigger today but debating on where to make the purchase - Verizon, Best Buy, or Costco.

I will be buying off-contract and each place has its own positives.

Verizon gives me the comfort of knowing I'm buying directly from Verizon and they confirmed that I did not need to activate 1 month of 3G service.

Best Buy I can walk to. I also have a Best Buy CC card with them from when I purchased my TV last year and they have no interest for 18 months (I was already planning on putting $500 down to start so its not that big a deal but having the safety net should I need it is helpful). I'm not sure if they will require 1 month data service even if I'm just going to use Wifi (their website says so currently) but I'm waiting for the store to open @ 10a to find out more.

Costco has the 90 day return policy but my card is expired and while I could use my roommate's card I don't have an AMEX and would have to use my debit card to pay - so this looks less likely.

No Amazon cuz they'll still charge sales tax and I want it NOW :cool:

So what say you, AC, where did you buy and what would you recommend?

PaulG1488

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Only con from best buy is that they will require at least 1 month of data but if you don't mind that based on your situation I'd go with best buy

I personally bought from verizon with 2yr contract but that's because I plan on using this everywhere without have to only worry about wifi

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Costco, if you can do it, is the best by far. I have, in writing on my contract, that I have 90 days for a full refund. Also, if the XOOM price goes down anytime in those 90 days, I get the difference. It's also $10 cheaper at Costco...not that that makes a huge difference!

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Only con from best buy is that they will require at least 1 month of data but if you don't mind that based on your situation I'd go with best buy

I personally bought from verizon with 2yr contract but that's because I plan on using this everywhere without have to only worry about wifi

Best Buy no longer requires a data plan or activation. I would get in Best Buy because of their Reward Zone program.

And it doesn't really matter if you buy at VZW or BB, since all of the Xooms come off the same factory line and probably the same truck.

PaulG1488

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy no longer requires a data plan or activation. I would get in Best Buy because of their Reward Zone program.

And it doesn't really matter if you buy at VZW or BB, since all of the Xooms come off the same factory line and probably the same truck.

Wow that's good to know looks like best buy is your best bet

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys - Spoke with BB and he said that there has definitely been a lot of confusion and communication issues between VZW and BB regarding the data plans and even the Thunderbolt (yea, that whole fiasco) but he said that based off what he's heard from his other associates who have sold the unit he said I should just be able to pay the off contract price straight and use Wifi right out of the box. He did acknowledge the confusion over the 1-month data requirement but didn't think in this case it would apply.

Going to shoot over to BB in a little bit. Still hung over, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777