Who else has bought a Zenfone V from Verizon?

anon(10334997)

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Up to 78 views and no replies. Starting to wonder if I was among the small handful that picked up this device without so much as a formal write-up about its release.

With that being said, I personally love the device and would like to see some coverage on it. I know it doesn't have a Snapdragon 83X and 6GB (or more) of RAM. I think the whole package is worth consideration if you are looking to upgrade from an older device but do not want to break the bank. As of 10/11/17 the phone is $384 outright or $16 a month for 24 months.

Screen is great, camera is nice, I like the fact that it is easy to hold and operate in one hand (AKA not a phablet) and I don't feel like I'm going to break it just by looking at it. It is glass on the front and back, however, so a screen protector and case are good buys if you plan on keeping the phone in great condition for possible resale. Because this is $384 out of the gate, I don't expect it to retain most of its value after 12-18 months. That being said, I also don't see this phone being obsolete before two years is up.

methodtoll

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Bumping this thread....

I just notice this phone is now $10/month with Verizon and have not been able to find many reviews on it other than the post above and four reviews off of Verizon's website. Would love to see a YouTube review on this phone just to get a idea of what it is like and if it is worth it in the end.

anon(10334997)

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Well I learned my lesson with this device....DO NOT BUY. I went through 4 Zenfone V's in the last month for varying reasons.

1st device - fingerprint sensor stopped working after 24 hours, faulty proximity sensor
2nd device - broken SIM tray upon arrival - Verizon immediately replaced
3rd device - frequent dropped calls, faulty proximity sensor
4th device - faulty proximity sensor

Verizon did a force buyout on the device and they are crediting me the purchase price of the phone on my bill. I'm upgrading to another device as a result.

rachel kaylor8

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
uh oh I just bought a Zenfone 5 from verizon for 240$ cuz I'm poor & j7's suck.
(coincidentally, on the first day of the Mercury retrograde..)
xxxxfingerscrossedxxxx