Who Exchanged Inspire to Get the Atrix?

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the people who originally bought the Inspire, played with it for a week and then ended up exchanging it for the Atrix. How many others did the same as me? Just wondering.

Last edited:

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the people who originally bought the Inspire, played with it for a week and then ended up exchanging it for the Atrix. How many others did the same as me? Just wondering.

Same here. So far the Motoblur UI is a lot lacking compared to the HTC's, the screen and fonts are tinny too, the phone is small and a bit slippery. But I need better battery life and multimedia dock. Unfortunately all the sudden no one is carrying the accessories except Motorola. I was hoping BB would have it so I could use my reward zone credit.

Exchanged mine at Costco BTW. I guess you cannot have the cake and eat it too.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
MotoBlurs screen and fonts are tiny. I suggest getting ADW or LauncherPro and using that instead of MotoBlur. You can even customize the screen to have more rows and columns. Or you can resize the icons and widgets. Blur is a joke, Replace it with one of those I suggested. You will see the difference. Even with Speed. Its a lot speedier.

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
MotoBlurs screen and fonts are tiny. I suggest getting ADW or LauncherPro and using that instead of MotoBlur. You can even customize the screen to have more rows and columns. Or you can resize the icons and widgets. Blur is a joke, Replace it with one of those I suggested. You will see the difference. Even with Speed. Its a lot speedier.

Thanks, will look into those. The touch screen is also not very sensitive.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I picked up the Inspire the day it was released and the Atrix the day it was released. I've been playing with them both trying to decide which one I wanted to keep.

I've now decided to keep the Atrix and return the Inspire. While it's not perfect what phone is? When I look at my use case the draw backs of in the Atrix were less than the ones I would face on the Inspire.

I wish we could have HTC Sense on the Atrix as I prefer that UI to Blur. Once I get past the home screens Blur does not bother me. That's why I have spent quite a bit of time finding replacement widgets to customize the homes screens more to my liking.

On a side note as a new full time user of Android coming from the iPhone 4 I wish there were easier way to discover new widgets and theme's. This would have made this process easier for me. One of the issues I had with Motorola's Blur widgets was the fact they were square by default and did not use or display the very content well. I have discovered most of those widgets can be change the shape which has increased my satisfaction with using them.

Why did I pick the Atrix? For me again it's about how I will use the phone but I have listed some of my reasons below.

Items I like
-Battery - Great battery life
-WIFI (support for 5GHz)
-Better speaker - I listen to podcasts every morning without a headset
-Memory - I also look and end up using all the storage I have.
-dual-core processors - I know this isn't really helping me today but I'm betting it will over the coming months.
-Size of phone - For me I think the Inspire is too big
-Accessories - I currently have the laptop dock and the car dock
-Ability to delete included bloatware
-Included software - Things like; Motorola Media Link and Phone Portal
-Finger print scanner for unlocking

Things I don't like as much
-Blur UI compared to HTC Sense UI
-Camera (hoping they will address this with a software update)
-Screen (however since setting the brightness at about 60% it looks fine to me)

Anyway I hope this post helps some of you make a decision but again everyone uses their phone differently so what's important to me may not be as important to you.

Reactions: mdunn1066

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
@coreymcl, nice post! I'm in the same situation, I have both devices currently. I've been using my Atrix for two days straight, and left my Inspire at home.

But, as soon as I walk in the door, and start playing with my Inspire, I want to keep it! Weird really...

I would like to merge the Inspire and Atrix, thus getting speed and size...

arwaldon4

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did the same but I love my atrix. The tradeoffs of the screen size n battery life was a no brainer. The atrix is awesome, and I'm sure the laptop dock is cool but not for me as yet.

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Im in the same boat, I have both of the devices but use the Atrix more, I love the size of the Inspire and the camera over the Atrix but that is it, so im thinking im going to end up keeping the Atrix on becuase I know its going to be some great things going on with the Atrix down the line :)

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
@coreymcl, nice post! I'm in the same situation, I have both devices currently. I've been using my Atrix for two days straight, and left my Inspire at home.

But, as soon as I walk in the door, and start playing with my Inspire, I want to keep it! Weird really...

I would like to merge the Inspire and Atrix, thus getting speed and size...

I really like the Inspire as well but also when using the Atrix, the call quality is not as good as the Inspire. My gf who uses the iPhone 4 says the call quality sounds muffled on her end and she can barely hear me.

Shad0w26

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so this morning I spent a few hours customizing my Atrix. I got LauncherPro Plus with some Gingerbread custom dock and icons, Beautiful Widgets, and Smartkeyboard Pro.

I'm liking the phone more now. But oh my god, MotorBlur sucks ass.

The only complaints I have no is the color quality of the screen, the PenTile LCD, and the poor quality of the camera.

I really hope the bootloader can be cracked soon :/

hotleadsingerguy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
People saying they can see the PenTile LCD are dosing on Placebos. The PPI of this screen is the second highest in phone existence (next to the iPhone 4). Your eyes, even at 2 inches away, could never see the difference between a Pentile and OLED screen. The only difference you're seeing is the color saturation, which is higher on OLED...but blasted by professionals because it's unrealistic. The colors are *far* more close to realistic colors in a Pentile screen.

And a lot of the problems people seem to have with the Atrix could be easily remedied by downloading LauncherPro or ADW Launcher. I know it's been brought up before, but the people trading in their phones because they don't like Motoblur really don't do their research before making investments or trading them back.

sma11s101

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
People saying they can see the PenTile LCD are dosing on Placebos.

The only time that I really noticed it is reading colored text. With black text, you can read it very clearly even when it is very small. However, blue text rapidly becomes jagged below a certain size.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
almost did that... instead i just didn't get the inspire at all. lol.

the inspire is an evo without the front facing cam and to me, that was the reason i didn't replace my pre... i didn't like the EVO. it felt too big in my hand and uncomfortable in my pocket. with swype, typing isn't bad at all on a smaller screen. the atrix feels a lot better in hand and i hear a lot of people saying that MotoBlur is slow, but i've been using Blur and Launcher Pro... the MotoBlur seems a lot faster to me. if i hit the app dock, it's almost instant with MotoBlur, but with LauncherPro, it takes a little longer to load up -- at least for me.

i actually don't have an issue with MotoBlur, but like others have mentioned, it's real easy to put a launcher on it.

Last edited:

illini85

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Camera Comparison

Could someone posy side by side pics to compare the Inspire camera with the Atrix camera?? My wife has the Inspire and I am considering the Atrix. The pics on her Inspire are very sharp for a camera phone. Just how much worse is the Atrix?

amz

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Not very happy

The HTC Inspire experience was pretty impressive. The phone did not crash, the UI worked great and the phone was very very responsive.

The Atrix has already crashed twice, the screen is not as sensitive (I did not know of touch screen issues on the Inspire), the Motoblur UI sometimes just freezes

Except for the size and battery life, I dont see any point in the Atrix. Only if the Inspire had atleast a 1600 mA battery, I'd have kept it. HTC has made a Great phone! There were many minor things that made it usable.

The Atrix is not all bad, the screen unlock is awesome, screen is good. Hopefully an update will fix the bugs :cool:

mikebo212#AC

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from att and made the switch to the Atrix from the Inspire. :p In all honesty i think the Atrix is a much nicer phone. The screen is a lot brighter and the battery life is a major plus... I love the Atrix and would never go back.

stray

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Went from an older iPhone to the Atrix, with a ~10 day pit stop on the Inspire inbetween.

Battery life was probably my biggest complaint with the Inspire, followed by the fact Sense felt... really clunky to me, I guess. It's pretty, I guess, if you're into the full page widgets. I guess my biggest frustration was wanting it to work kind of like iOS works; if I wanted to move a widget or shortcut I had to move what was there to another screen, move the new widget into place, and then move the old widget back. Drove me nuts.

blur could do some things a bit better, and it is slightly laggy, but I expect things will improve as Android updates come out. The touch screen is a little bit 'loose', but I got used to it pretty quickly. Moto keyboard is kind of meh, but I absolutely love the Swype keyboard, both for typing and swiping. I think I like the Atrix screen better, pentile and all, but the Inspire screen was pretty nice as well.

I do kind of miss the Inspire camera, but I was starting to kind of hate the phone the more time I spent with it. The Atrix is the opposite for me... I brushed it off as being way too gimmicky with docks and all initially; I was skeptical that it would actually be a good phone. Now I'm absolutely loving it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelvinbrooklyn