Who's Leading The HTC Design Team? Punky Brewster?! lol

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
gotta wonder....

Its like 95% of the phone is super sleek, stylish and sexy...

Then theres the weird blue cases, (red kickstand coming out of a blue case? i haven't matched blue & red together since i was 2...lol) glossy plastic black (that in my opinion is a HUGE DEVIATION from the rest of the phone design) fat ugly yellow smilies replacing cool lil green robot animations.... (my fav part of sending a text)

And i know there is no evidence of this, but i'll bet that SAME person decided i did not need a capacitive "Menu Button"... (Ice Cream Sandwich is really niccccce, but omg how i miss my button....lol

I can see it now, the whole design team hard at work day & night coming up with leading edge ideas and then in walks "the bosses daughter" (Punky B) and HAS to put her spin on things and the whole team is eyerolling her behind her back but of course they are saying, "oh great idea!!"

And hence we (the adoring public) wind up with fat yellow ball smilies, blue phone cases, ugly hi-gloss black backplates and no menu button....lol :-!

BTC

Last edited:

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I really miss the menu button too. The back doesn't really bother me since I'm always looking at the front. The blue case is amazing. Amazingly bad! :p The must have been an over run of blue cases at the factory.

But overall the phone is a big time winner.

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the removal of the menu button was dictated by ICS. It no longer needs one, and I doubt you will see it on a phone that is released with ICS, no matter how much we all would like to see it come back.

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry they changed your smileys. Use HOX users still have our droid

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the removal of the menu button was dictated by ICS. It no longer needs one, and I doubt you will see it on a phone that is released with ICS, no matter how much we all would like to see it come back.

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!

Oh trust me, i was kidding, i know THAT decision was handled by a much higher authority, and i know we will never see it again.... My Menu Button went the way of the dinosaur, tho to me its just as big a mystery as why they felt it was so necessary to remove it....

i understand doing away with folded maps (has ANYONE ever gotten that to fold back to original like on the rack? lol) driving to a video store, record stores, (R.I.P. Sam Goody Got It : ) getting film developed etc etc etc are all GREAT advancements...

But taking my cute lil green robot animation in text messaging away and my MENU Button is going just a bit too far... Hey now!

BTC

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh god they have those ed yellow smiley emoticons built in? Please please please tell me that you can turn that off.

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
You all realize there's still a Menu button on-screen, right?

The 3 vertical dots = Menu button. Having a capacitive menu button would've been redundant and useless. It's a very minor difference that will just take getting used to.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

The 3 vertical dots = Menu button. Having a capacitive menu button would've been redundant and useless. It's a very minor difference that will just take getting used to.

yup yup, im hip to the 3 vertical dots but they aren't always available, and when i am in the browser, gmail, market, games those 3 dots are nowhere to be found when i need them.

Maybe you are right and it is just a learning curve, but all i know is i was "the master of my android domain" when there was a Menu Button, and now i just am super slowed down by always having to hunt for what i want...

Plus the fact i personally have little or no short term recall, its not like "once i find it, its committed to memory", its more like "ground hog day" and when i need that function an hour or day later, i gotta start the hunt all over again...lol

Buttonwise, i know its not ice cream sandwich's fault i have discovered i'm a gingerbread kinda gal :-*

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site

They are not quite the same and as stated that are not always present.

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
They are not quite the same and as stated that are not always present.

What doesn't have it? As far as I can see, if the app doesn't integrate it somewhere on its own (like the top right corner), then it looks like it automatically is along the bottom of the app.

Do you mean like the internet where you have to scroll to the top of the page to see it? Good point, but not that big of a deal in my opinion.

I like the blue case by the way.. just not the blue part of it.. wish it were just black and it would be perfect. I like the feel of it. I like how you don't have to worry about finger print on the back top section anymore, and I like that you don't have to be as worried and carefully placing the phone down all the time.

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
A big part of the problem is the app designers who don't have updates for a placement of the menu button in the app. This is part of the transition to ICS. When more developers get their apps updated to ICS this won't be a problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid