Why am I no longer able to send SMS on my Galaxy S5?

jcr786

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5 fails when sending SMS

I live in Germany where my phone was working fine. I went back to the US and switched my SIM cards so I could use it there. It worked fine the entire time, but when I got back to Germany and changed the SIM cards and APN settjngs back to normal, I can no longer send text messages. I have tried resetting all connections by cycling WiFi, data, location, and airplane mode on and off (also to include a battery and SIM pull), I have downloadd other messaging apps, I've verified my APN settings, I've cleared data and cache for my messaging apps, but my phone still only receives messages but fails every time I attempt to send one. I can make and receive phone calls and Internet works fine. I just don't know what to do from here. Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 fails when sending SMS

You've done everything I would have suggested except to bring the phone to the carrier's location in which there are technical (as opposed to only sales) people and ask for assistance.

jcr786

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 fails when sending SMS

I think perhaps you have to ask for technical help from your carrier in Germany. Good luck to you.

I figured it out. I had to go into the phone's assisted dialing settings, and rather than turn it off as many have suggested, I had to leave it on but adjust the reference country to Germany. Even then, the country code and city/state codes weren't exactly right, so I had to change them to accurately reflect German codes. I never had this problem prior to the recent software update. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramki