Why am I unable to install a 3rd party Nook apk?

snejsnej

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Unable to install 3rd party Nook apk

Hi,

I got the Lollypop OTA update yesterday and have been unable to run my Nook app since then.

I've uninstalled the app and have re-downloaded the Nook v3.5.1.5 apk again from a 3rd party (in Canada, can't install through Play). However, when I get to the screen displaying the 'Cancel' and 'Install' buttons, nothing happens when I click on 'Install'.

Any thoughts on why this isn't working?
Thanks,
Jens

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to install 3rd party Nook apk

Well, do you know for certain that the app is Android 5.0 compatible?

Have you enabled Unknown sources for app install? Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources.

ed9977

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem on Nexus 7 2013. I have enabled unknown sources but when pressed the install key does nothing. I was trying to install a previous version of Netflix but now see it occurs always.

Posted via Android Central App

snejsnej

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

>>Have you enabled Unknown sources for app install? Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources.
Yes, it was enabled.

>>Well, do you know for certain that the app is Android 5.0 compatible?
Good point. No, I don't. I used the same apk between Jellybean and Kit Kat, so thought that it should work here. Is there any way to know for sure, other than the "Install button does nothing" clue?

Cheers

Last edited:

Waldem

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't know the app you're mentioning, but I was having the same problem with a keyboard app, then I found this and it worked for me (surprisingly for me, it was the last one the one that worked), hope it helps:

"There are a few reasons why the install button might not work. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:

Check application security settings on your phone.
Go into application security settings on your phone
Check the box marked ‘Unknown sources’, which allows installation of apps from unknown sources
Check the box marked ‘Verify apps’, which allows installation of apps that may cause harm

Uninstall the existing SwiftKey Japanese app you installed before.
This occasionally blocks the new updated version because the app name is the same

Disable an application that is related to screen brightness or battery saving if you have installed such an app on your phone:
It blocks an apk file installation and the install button does not work. Therefore, please disable the apps before attempting to install the apk file."

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Disable an application that is related to screen brightness or battery saving if you have installed such an app on your phone:
It blocks an apk file installation and the install button does not work. Therefore, please disable the apps before attempting to install the apk file."

This problem was reported by users of Lux in particular, although it was supposedly fixed by a recent update.

EPotter2

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Had this issuewhen trying to install fdroid. Also had lux installed. Went into lux settings - advanced and unchecked enable lux service. apk installed successfully. Re-enabled lux.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware