• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Why are most of my apps on my new umx android saying updated December 31 2008, please help

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Most of my apps on my new umx android reflect December 312008 as being updated, I can't override forcestop or disable said apps...please help

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome to Android Central.

Apps that cannot be disabled or force stopped are almost always system apps, which means that they are necessary for the device to operate correctly. We shouldn't try to disable system apps unless we know what we're doing. It can lead to a lot of bad. As for why do they have older dates, that's a question for the manufacturer. Why do they name things com dot like, com.whateverapp? It's just what they do. Is having an older date on something affecting the way your device works, is it preventing it from getting updates, does it mean your phone is outdated? It means nothing and I doubt you'll find anyone who can tell you why it looks like some apps haven't been updated in 14 years.

In the meantime, are you having any issues with the device that we might be able to help you with? Interested in joining our enthusiast community? To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Most of my apps on my new umx android reflect December 312008 as being updated, I can't override forcestop or disable said apps...please help
According to Windows 10, I installed it in 1969. Runs pretty good for an ancient OS.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Welcome to Android Central! Those apps are almost certainly preinstalled system apps or bloatware apps, which can't be disabled. There's nothing wrong with them.

UMX makes very cheap phones, typically for the US government's free phone program for low income citizens. Do not expect these phones to perform like a flagship phone or to have a lot of storage to install a lot of apps to. They are very basic phones for very basic use, like making/receiving calls/texts, and installing a few small apps.