Why are my WiFi speeds so slow on my Galaxy S4?

anon(8763253)

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Since i bought my S4 i've only had slow speeds on my wifi where as all my other devices are fine. I ran a speed test and the speed on my phone is not even half of what i get on my pc connected to the same wifi. Also the wifi on my phone sometimes drops completely and ill have to wait a few minutes for it to reconnect.

Anyone have any possible solutions for this?

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Try 'forgetting' your Wifi and restarting the device before reconnecting to the network.

Posted via the Android Central App

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I went to one of the speed test sites and got 23 mb on my computer and 10 mb on my S-4. I Thought it was good for a slower processor with less resources such as memory. Is this a good speed? I do have problems at the other end of my house where I have a weak signal on Wifi and Verizon! Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

shel692

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I also say to forget the wifi network, reboot your phone and your router. Also make sure that you don't have any battery saver or task killers running. They will mess up your wifi and your cellular data.

anon(8763253)

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I've tried all of that... Does the S4 have a low range or something.. It works fine when I'm in the same room as the router but when I leave the room it slows all the way down.. None of my other devices do this

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randal