Why are some apps incompatible with LS670 on Google Play?

mahalolo

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to download and install certain apps that are only available on Google Play, but the website keeps telling me that this app isn't compatible with my phone. Actually it won't even display them in the search results.

These apps install and run fine on my Droid, but on my LG Optimus S Google Play won't even let me download them.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No because our phone has different prosscors (spelled wrong I know) we have arm6 and 600 MHz most good games can't run on that

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It can be a few things, screen resolution (LS670 is mdpi), screen density, and build prop settings are the primary causes. The build prop can be tweaked to a point (the developers for Kindle are doing that to get tablet apps), but other factors come into play like screen density.

The developer has a screen in the Play Store where they set the phone specs needed to run an app, if your does not match, then you get the notice.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
However a lot of times you can find an apk through google and try it...

Destinia was able to be obtained on my optimus, but not my photon. So I googled the apk

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
However a lot of times you can find an apk through google and try it...

Destinia was able to be obtained on my optimus, but not my photon. So I googled the apk

I am sure you're referring to going to the dev's web site.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you're referring to going to the dev's web site.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Of course. I don't download stuff from like 4shared or anything, had a bad experience with that.

And since the emu-boids were taken off the market, the devs web site is the only legit way to get them anymore

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Developers have the ability to restrict their app using criteria such as LCD density, or OS version, or CPU, or even down to which specific devices if they want. Thats the developers option and sometimes they don't realize theyve mistakenly eliminated a device so i highly encourage you to email the dev just as a courtesy.

Also, unless you're completely fine with something like all your contacts being sent off to a Chinese server, I'd avoid downloading and installing random apks from the web. It's a game of Russian roulette and eventually you're luck will run out. I'll go without an app before i risk exposing my PII.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware