Why are there different colors on the sides of my camera?

TriMelonPie

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Please help ASAP, my camera records videos fine but there are transparent colors flickering all over the screen. And it is really irritating.
The colors are: pink, green, blue, purple or any shade of them. Even in well lit areas this problem occurs. I can't continue making guitar covers when the audience is dizzy halfway throughout the vid. PLEASE HELP. It occurs both during recording and playback. Photos seem to be fine though (must be because they are still). I am on stock rom but I have flashed different custom roms before
STOCK ROM
LENOVO VIBE K5 PLUS
ROOTED

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with still photos as well, or just videos? Do the flickering colors actually show up during playback, or only while shooting the video?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did this start after you modified the phone in any way (like after flashing a new ROM or deleting some system app)?

TriMelonPie

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Yes, most probably. I flashed custom roms before but I sticked with the custom rom because all those other roms can't play 1080p vr videos properly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
All I can suggest is to either keep looking for other custom ROMs that don't cause this problem, or revert to the stock ROM. Good luck!