Why are you not getting a N20 or Ultra ?

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
For anyone not getting a N20 or Ultra,

What are the reasons you won't purchase one ?

I can upgrade every year but don't always. Currently my 10+ still checks off just about all the boxes for me as far as what I need from a phone. Im also disappointed the Ultra doesn't come in the green, I'm not crazy about Mystic Bronze as the unique color availableat launch.

The N20 and Ultra certainly has better specs and 5G which I don't have, but just doesn't seem like enough to upgrade in my case. The phone also didn't get much of a visual face-lift, so maybe I'd have liked something a bit more edgy or a radical new design.

Maybe I'd decide to get an Ultra if it came in the green I liked or there was a special offer too good to pass up. I think I may wait to see what's coming out in 2021, especially with some of the rumors going around with the S series having a model with a spen and a Fold also getting the pen. With the price of the Note rising each year, I don't always think it's necessarily worth the cost to upgrade. I might see if their even is a Note next year, or what the S series and Fold have to offer if Note is to be phased out or bread into those product lines instead.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I upgraded from the 10 plus to the note 20 was the size the 10plus was getting to big for me the 20 is much better. Otherwise I would of kept the 10 plus.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
For anyone not getting a N20 or Ultra,

What are the reasons you won't purchase one ?

I can upgrade every year but don't always. Currently my 10+ still checks off just about all the boxes for me as far as what I need from a phone. Im also disappointed the Ultra doesn't come in the green, I'm not crazy about Mystic Bronze as the unique color availableat launch.

The N20 and Ultra certainly has better specs and 5G which I don't have, but just doesn't seem like enough to upgrade in my case. The phone also didn't get much of a visual face-lift, so maybe I'd have liked something a bit more edgy or a radical new design.

Maybe I'd decide to get an Ultra if it came in the green I liked or there was a special offer too good to pass up. I think I may wait to see what's coming out in 2021, especially with some of the rumors going around with the S series having a model with a spen and a Fold also getting the pen. With the price of the Note rising each year, I don't always think it's necessarily worth the cost to upgrade. I might see if their even is a Note next year, or what the S series and Fold have to offer if Note is to be phased out or bread into those product lines instead.
I would suggest you take a listen to this podcast. Previous Notes including the 10 are all mentioned, as is the iPhone 11 and various other handsets. Have a listen and draw your own conclusions. (Sorry devs that I've posted this link in another post also, but it's a cracking, informed and detailed piece).

https://mobile-tech-podcast.simplec...berry-5g-rebirth-with-matthew-miller-of-zdnet

fanofandroid69

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
I was currently using the S20ULTRA but I was really sold on the s-pen. And I do notice the new chipset a bit faster than the S20ULTRA. It's speedier and with the new adaptive 120mhz screen.....also much better battery life compared to the S20U. I setup the device with my galaxy+headset and connected in 30 secs.i also find it a tad lighter as well. But the battery life is noticeably better as well. So NO I'm keeping mine fersure!

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Because I'm no longer an addict.

Though, I have to admit getting it for roughly $1,400 CAN taxes in for the 128GB Ultra is tempting. LOL

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Not me naaaah i bought 3 Note20 Ultra lol, Plus still have both my Note10 Plus, Besides that i can afford them lol.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The Ultra is too tall to fit in the holster that I carry my phones in, and I also need dual Sim and neither the N20 or Ultra has it. If they had an esim and I could run one in dual Sim configuration, I would buy a Note 20.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm still happy with my Note 8, been using it for 2 1/2 years and I've yet to fill the 64Gb storage and battery lasts all day. There isn't a need for me to replace it and I also own a Note 9 on another line.

Covid left me in bad shape financially, there is absolutely no reason to buy a new phone that won't do much to improve my experience for the sake of owning a new phone. I'd love to play with the camera, but that's out of curiosity as I own 9 cameras right now and rarely use my phones camera anyway.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My NOte 10+ has been problem free for a year so far and also the battery is still a boss when gaming lol. Plus it's blue and there is no Blue annouced for the N20 Ultra :(

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPhone 11 pro max to this. I kept pro max but Verizon gave me $500 for trading in a iPhone 6. No brainer really. If you didn't get a large discount like that and still upgraded you must have more money then brains, lol. Price would be one of the reason not to upgrade. The other would be if you have a recent phone. I personally wanted a note again. I love notes but its time to make the battery bigger.

I noticed a huge improvement in voice call quality and I think I'm getting a little better signal. Battery life is much lower but thats to be expected. I wish they made the phone slightly thicker with a beast of a battery. The we would have had a damn near perfect phone.