Why aren't you "upgrading" to the Nexus 9?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So, why haven't you dumped this older device for a brand new N9? After all, newer's better, right? 😉 Just wondering...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the 7 inch form factor, I like my tablet fine, and I don't see anything substantial offered to draw me into a newer device.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Newer does not equal handier. 9 inch has its place but what makes you think people who bought the N7 were just waiting for a bigger version. We could have purchased the Nexus 10 if that were true.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I debated between an N7, an N9 and a Shield tablet. Bought the N7 because it was the best value to me. While I would have used the other 2 for some gaming on-the-go, they were no where near worth the difference in price in my opinion. (Would have bought the Shield if the non-LTE had a good Cyber Monday deal. But Amazon put the N7 up for $150 and I grabbed that instead.)

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Nexus 9. The build quality is poor, especially for the near $500 price. I ended up sending it back because of excessive light bleed (1/4 inch white stripe the width of the display) and buttons that barely worked.

I am still using my Nexus 7 (2013) in conjunction with an iPad Air 2.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Size and cost. 7" is great for portability and the cost, especially with all the sell-off sales, can't be beat.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Like others that have more than one tablet, I have my iPad Air and Nexus 7 which, in my opinion, both complement each other. Love the Nexus 7 size. The Nexus 9 is way too close to the iPad Air for screen size, so there really was no need to upgrade now that 7 has Lollipop which I couldn't be happier with. I would have been tempted to upgrade if the price for the Nexus 9 was more reasonable, but that's not the case. Overall I've found no reason to upgrade either of my tablets this year and I'm fine with that.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I could care less what anybody says, the nexus 9 is not a better tablet than the n7. For $200 the n7 is a much better value.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I did, and kept my 7...then I took the 9 back because the battery was only good for 4 hours, yet it took 6 to charge... No thanks. YMMV

Posted via the Android Central App

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The N7 fits into my back pocket like a glove. My rear isn't big enough to handle a 9-inch tablet, meaning I'd have to carry it around everywhere, and I'm far too lazy to do that for 2 more inches.

ccontard

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
So, why haven't you dumped this older device for a brand new N9? After all, newer's better, right? ?????? Just wondering...

Because it's still a great device (especially updated to 5.0.1), the screen is still one of the best I've seen on an Android tablet, it does what I need it to do, and I prefer the smaller size as I have small hands. I also love that it fits well in the back pocket of my jeans, even with a thin folio-style case on it. I moved to it from my iPad 2, and I still don't regret it.

Okay, It helps that I got it on sale for the price of a 16GB around this time last year. It's going to be my daily driver for a while yet, tablet-wise. It's the one piece of tech no one else in my house is allowed to use, I love it that much.

PPP mcleod2

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Staying put with my N7 2013. Contemplated the N 9 but as others have said, my N7 does everything I need

Posted via Android Central App

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for a 8.3 16:9 version with same or slightly better screen than the N7 2013.........9 is too big and the price of it cant be justified with it's build quality. NEXT..............

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Comviq