Why can't I play videos that I recorded on my phone?

A

AC Question

Can't play videos that i recorded on my phone.

I can't play video that I recorded on my galaxy3. I get the (Can't play video) what can I do to be able to play it?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't play videos that i recorded on my phone.

Is your phone software up to date?
If you connect the phone to a computer, can you find the files with those videos and play them in the computer?
It might be as simple as updating the software of the phone or just the camera app. Try that, than let us know how it goes.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't play videos that i recorded on my phone.

I'd like to know, too.

I just got the same type of nonsense from a computer. Video recorded on phone is can't be played. Apparently the file is corrupt, and it happened to 3 short movies. The files play just fine on an old Acer 4.1 wifi only tablet and the phone.

Windows Media player would have nothing to do with them, tried VLC and could check frame by frame. All frames are there. The file format is MP4, and my phone does not have many settings for movies. I have older ones that play just fine. I haven't gotten around to checking video on Linux movie editor, yet.
The phone is running 4.3 and cannot be updated until I do a factory supported root. The tablet has no updates at its age. The only thing that has been updated is whatever Google has done with its services, etc.

VLC is the program that finally said file is corrupt.