Why can't I update PRL and firmware?

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
When I try to update prl and firmware I keep getting a msg that it could not be updated and error code 1012.
Why is this happening??

TheEngineer

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Before hard resetting, call Sprint. Most likely they can reprovision your profile and you won't have to reset.

I work at Sprint Tech Support. If the OP wants to go the whole spiel, they can do a ##72786# followed by the MSL to erase the current programming and force a new handsfree activation. If that does not work we would change the NAI and have the customer do it again. Unfortunately, an error 1012 is more difficult to clear than an error 67 and usually requires a hard reset.

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In a similar situation when I dial *2 my phone reads out that there is a Profile update and a PRL update available. But when I update both of them (in that order) and go back to the screen it continues to say it still has an update.

Any thoughts?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
In a similar situation when I dial *2 my phone reads out that there is a Profile update and a PRL update available. But when I update both of them (in that order) and go back to the screen it continues to say it still has an update.

Any thoughts?
That's a Sprint thing... (glitch) your phone is OK. That happen to me all the time. They need to fix that asap.

Reactions: Stroven Taulrok

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen and did the reset and everything. the techs at the sprint store spent an hour on the phone with more sprint techs and couldnt fix it, had to issue a refurb. kept saying 1012 for everything.