Why did S7 zoom-in by itself during a video?

reduced02

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello. Yesterday, I noticed some strange behavior with my S7 while recording a video. I decided to record a video using my tripod, but when I played back the video, I noticed the camera started zooming in by itself. It was not at the beginning of the video; it was during the video as if somebody were controlling my camera for a few seconds. I think auto focus was on, so I was wondering if that had something to do with it. Has anybody else experienced something like that? P.S. I'm not going crazy. It really zoomed in by itself during the video!

reduced02

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I did not. But even if they were, why would it do it by itself? That's what I find weird. It zoomed in around three times, and then it stopped.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You say you didn't set the vol buttons to zoom, but can you confirm that's how it is in the settings? Perhaps that's how it is by default, or perhaps somebody else set it without you knowing.

If the vol buttons are set that way, it's possible the volume buttons were being partially pressed by the tripod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbamany79