Why do i get a "Failed to check liscense" pop-up on the bottom of the screen of s10 plus?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever I access or exit any app on my s10 plus. I constantly get a pop up at the bottom of the scree, that says "failed to check liscense". I tried deleteting some apps that I thought may have been the problem but no luck. And I haven't found anybody online to be having this issue. Can someone please tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why do i get a "Failed to check liscense" pop-up on the bottom of the screen of s10 plus?

Unfortunately this is very likely an app that, like the pop-up states, is checking for a license that isn't there. I'd start with side-loaded apps and any apps that might have been installed using a different account (especially if that account is no longer present in the device).

You can double-check to make sure it's an app by booting up your device into Safe Mode, which restricts 3rd party apps from loading. If you don't get the pop-up, you know it's an app you installed. If it's there, then it's a system app and things might be a bit more complicated.

Invisibleman 100

Oct 2, 2019
Visit site
Whenever I access or exit any app on my s10 plus I constantly get a popup message on the bottom of the screen that says "failed to check license". I tried deleting some apps that I thought were causing the problem, but no luck. Does anybody know why this is happening and If so, how do I fix this?? It's been irritating me for months...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why do i get a "Failed to check liscense" pop-up on the bottom of the screen of s10 plus?

Whenever I access or exit any app on my s10 plus I constantly get a popup message on the bottom of the screen that says "failed to check license". I tried deleting some apps that I thought were causing the problem, but no luck. Does anybody know why this is happening and If so, how do I fix this?? It's been irritating me for months...
Hi, welcome!
Have you tried in safe mode, it will disable 3rd party apps so you'll need try it in native apps

Invisibleman 100

Oct 2, 2019
Visit site

Hi, welcome!
Have you tried in safe mode, it will disable 3rd party apps so you'll need try it in native apps

Yeah. I think that mostly, it is a third party app. I'll do what you said. But is there anyway to narrow down to which particular app that is causing a problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yeah. I think that mostly, it is a third party app. I'll do what you said. But is there anyway to narrow down to which particular app that is causing a problem.
That will be tough , do have a lot of apps ?
Any recent ones maybe try first.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Unless it's pushing a notification (AKA an actual notification to the notification bar) it's not an easy task, unfortunately. If it does push a notification, you can install notification history apps (or if your phone/launcher supports the activity) and see which apps have been notifying you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. What kind of pop-up you get, a sizeable box or a grey thin toast? Can you post a screenshot? Depending on this we could try different things to pin the culprit.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

One more thing , I just was thinking about it
Long press play store >tap info >uninstall play store updates and update it again..when you said in and out of apps when this happens ,,might be something with play store license. If that doesn't work look at a app blocking or disabled play store licensing.