Why do I have a brown burnt patch on my LG G2 LCD display?

ramakathare

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Brown burnt patch on LG G2 LCD display

Hi,

I had a yellow/brown burnt patch on the left top corner of my LG G2 LCD display. This was first appeared 5 months back. At that time my phone was in warranty I had the screen replaced.

Now, it appeared again. It is becoming darker slowly. Some times when the phone is cool it disappears. I see it mostly when I put phone under charging. I am using the charger provided by the manufacturer.

My concern, is that since I had new LCD replaced, though the phone is not under warranty is the new LCD will be under warranty. I asked the service point executive, she said it is not manufacturer defect, and since they had it replaced once, they will not do it again. She further says that it is my fault that the phone is over heating.

I just have basic apps and I don't use games either. The phone is over heating when it is under charging which is not my fault. I usually consume only 50% of storage and 60% of RAM

If LG does not provided further replacement, If I buy any other replacement LCD what should I do to prevent the burnt patch from appearing again.

What are my options, please suggest.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Brown burnt patch on LG G2 LCD display

Have the shop that's replacing the screen run the phone with the case open and find out what part is overheating when it's being charged. Then they can fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds