Why do some android apps move to different screens after update?

T Sherwood

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
For example, I have apps organized in folders according to function, but after a recent update one of my earthquake tracking apps took itself out of its chosen folder and deposited itself as the last app on my last home screen. I want my apps to stay where I placed them. Is there a way to prevent or to fix this?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I have seen similar things happen with some apps every now and then during an app update.

Fortunately they are very infrequent.

Unfortunately, the problem is probably in the app's APK file settings due to a mistake by the programmer. Thus there is nothing you can do.

Amatyi1

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
For example, I have apps organized in folders according to function, but after a recent update one of my earthquake tracking apps took itself out of its chosen folder and deposited itself as the last app on my last home screen. I want my apps to stay where I placed them. Is there a way to prevent or to fix this?
If you figure out how to fix this please let me know. This has been happening for going on 6 months now every time my apps update they move out of their folders and on to the last screen. I have my home screen locked so they shouldn't do this but they do. I also have it set up not to add new apps to the home screen. The only thing different that could be causing this is I don't have an app button I have it set to show all my apps on my screens. I do have them arranged manually in folders though and every time my apps update they show up on a page by themselves as the last page.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you figure out how to fix this please let me know. This has been happening for going on 6 months now every time my apps update they move out of their folders and on to the last screen. I have my home screen locked so they shouldn't do this but they do. I also have it set up not to add new apps to the home screen. The only thing different that could be causing this is I don't have an app button I have it set to show all my apps on my screens. I do have them arranged manually in folders though and every time my apps update they show up on a page by themselves as the last page.
FYI, this is a 5 year old thread, and the OP never came back, so they probably aren't paying attention any more. :(

Which phone do you have? Are you using the stock launcher or a 3rd party one? If you're using the stock launcher, there's usually an option to change the interface to include an App Drawer (which means you won't have to see every single installed app on your homescreen, like on iPhones).

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali