Why do they call it stock?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So riddle me this, why is it something like 85% of the time when something is built, be it a Rom, a theme, or a fix, if they call it stock you can be mother loving sure they're replaced something stock with something that's not. Like the puzzle lock. Is it so hard to just leave the puzzle lock alone, or label it AOSP lock screen? ARGH!

rant over.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Heh, I don't know if I have the answer you want to hear. It depends on what "stock" they're referring to. It could be stock TouchWiz....or Stock Android. As for still calling it stock, I guess it's because it's "mostly" stock? Haha.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No clue what you are saying ...maybe its my 18th hour of work speaking
So riddle me this, why is it something like 85% of the time when something is built, be it a Rom, a theme, or a fix, if they call it stock you can be mother loving sure they're replaced something stock with something that's not. Like the puzzle lock. Is it so hard to just leave the puzzle lock alone, or label it AOSP lock screen? ARGH!

rant over.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm just grouchy because I like the puzzle lock, but I keep finding that no matter what I flash I seem to have to jump through hoops to get my puzzle lock back. I mean with the "stock" framework that someone kicked out to remove a theme from what i understand, I still have this darn slider, so when I get a text I have to unlock, pull down, tap to message. I like the single step to get to my text :_( I'm just being whiney but it's annoying.

No clue what you are saying ...maybe its my 18th hour of work speaking

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe he's trying to say that stock is subjective. It all depends what they're basing it on, literally and figuratively.

Sent from my eVo

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I get that. I would just rather they clarify at the very least what they consider stock, be it touchwiz, or AOSP. I don't care what they call it as long as they pick something that can be quantified. Bleh.

I believe he's trying to say that stock is subjective. It all depends what they're basing it on, literally and figuratively.

Sent from my eVo

wanderer82680

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Agreed ... I want my puzzle lock screen back as well. Stock for this phone is the puzzle lock screen and should be labeled as such. Vanilla android is the slider.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd actually like the AOSP slider but with notifications for messages and things. That's the only thing I liked about the puzzle lock, that it shows notifications of missed calls and the like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tellu