Why do you have to belong to a social media site to use the Android Central app?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
[Moved to Android Central Apps feedback subforum for the specific question.]

Well, I just installed the app on my secondary phone to check, and it logged in fine using my site password. It didn't even ask for Social Media credentials or link-up.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Many sites give you the option of using your Facebook or Twitter accounts to create an account and log in, but it is not necessary. Just select the normal log in option.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I never use social media sites.

See the app finally put Google in.
It says Google may not be secure.

What are we doing from the app banking

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "app banking," but you can log in with your own independent account or use one of the other options. If you use the other options, I'm pretty sure it'll treat it as a new and separate account from your existing one. Since it's against the site rules to have more than one account here, I suggest not doing so. If you are wanting to switch log in methods, then I would talk to the mods to make sure it is done correctly without you getting an infraction.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems so secure.
Keeps kicking me outm

Well I finally got it to let me in.

Its not like the one on the internet.
I like the internet one better

Thanks for the help

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think that's what quite a few platforms do. My Fitbit app even gave me that option - actually, I think that's one of the only times I've chosen to use Facebook for creating a new account elsewhere.

But as others said above, it's not necessary. :) I think some platforms assume that lots of people have a FB account and want to just log in and start doing their thing on the new app right away - so they offer to log in using FB.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have used the Android Central app from the time I joined. I've never had to log in through social media. I only checked out the site through my browser early this year after being a member for over 5 years. I greatly prefer using the Android Central app.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used the Android Central app from the time I joined. I've never had to log in through social media. I only checked out the site through my browser early this year after being a member for over 5 years. I greatly prefer using the Android Central app.

The AC app *is* pretty awesome!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I've installed and uninstalled the app, myself. I prefer the richness of the Desktop site in Chrome, with all of the features so easily displayed and utilized. I don't like using Mobile View at all, and I keep tabs opened specifically for the threads I use the most, like the Bucket List thread, or others that I'm really active in.

It's not to say anything against the app, it's just my personal preferences, especially since I work from four different devices.

berk547

Jun 13, 2022
Visit site
I don't understand why you have to be a social media site member to use the Android Central app. I'm not a social media member and I don't want to be one, but I still want to use the Android Central app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why you have to be a social media site member to use the Android Central app. I'm not a social media member and I don't want to be one, but I still want to use the Android Central app.
Welcome to the forums. The main Android Central app is no longer working and it was removed from the Play Store. Now to follow the AC blog you need to access the site from a browser. For the forums you can use the site, Tapatalk or the AC Forums app.

For any of these options you don't need a social media account.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
They allow you multiple ways to create a account some prefer Soc media others with email whatever way more convenient for you.Screenshot_20220624-101758_Chrome.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Do you see the crucial "or" after the social media buttons?:)