Why does Facebook crash when commenting on posts?

Stephen Wilkinson

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
[Tutorial] - Fix facebook crashing when commenting on posts

I have been experiencing the problem of facebook crashing when trying to comment on posts and scoured the internet for a solution. I found another thread on here that suggested it was the people who were members of the facebook for Android beta program. Sure enough, I was a member of the program. And the fix in the above mentioned thread didn't work, so I needed to find another solution.

I have devised this tutorial that has fixed my issues

Firstly, you are going to need to make sure that the device you are having issues with is set to allow installation from unknown sources, otherwise it will block the installation of the stable version of facebook app.

You are also going to need access to a device that has the stable version of facebook installed.

So, when you've got them dive into the tutorial.

1) Check your play store to ensure that it is showing you version 37.0.0.1.234 (If not then this tutorial might not be the fix you need)

2) On the other device (with the stable facebook app) you will need to download ES File Explorer from the play store

3) Open ES File Explorerand press the three lines in the top left and then scroll down to "App"

4) Locate the facebook icon in the main window. Long press it until a tick appears in the top right corner of the app

5) At the bottom of the screen will be an option to backup the app

6) Once it's done that close the app and navigate to the backups folder in your files

7) Find the facebook apk and long press it, then choose "share via" and select bluetooth to send it to your device

8) Once the file has sent (it takes a few moments) it'll be in the downloads folder of the target device, click on it to install

9) Sign in once it's installed and you should be good to go :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Tutorial] - Fix facebook crashing when commenting on posts

So, basically going back to the latest stable beta, which was the one published before Saturday...

Problem with that is (and I might be wrong here), once you do that, signature on the app will differ from the one on the Play Store and will stop updating. So I'd just sit it out and use the webpage while FB releases a new beta, which shouldn't be long

Stephen Wilkinson

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

No, not going back to the stable beta. It rolls back to the stable general release of the app.

The web facebook is ok, but you don't get your notifcations etc.

Not entirely sure about the signature

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE: Beta app was updated on 6/22. App no longer crashes on comments. See? Just a bit of patience and voila! That's the point of a beta, finding bugs (sometimes it's just annoying how such a BIG bug could escape on a release).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali