Why does my Camera crop incorrectly when zoomed in 16:9 mode?

GlassRat

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Camera Crops Incorrectly When Zoomed in 16:9 mode

I'm having a problem with my Nexus 5 back camera: I had the camera set to 16:9 6MP,but when at max zoom the image recorded by the camera is not what was displayed on the screen - it chops the top of the picture off.

The problem goes away if I select 4:3 8MP mode, but I would prefer to use the 16:9 ratio.

The phone is running Android L, but I've only had the phone a couple of months and I can't tell if the problem was there before the update (this was the first time I needed to use the zoom).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sherwet Rashed

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I'm also running lollipop, but I'm certain the problem wasn't there before. I couldn't find this bug anywhere else online, so I guess it's just you and me for now.

lyallh

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on my Nexus 5. The problem was introduced with Lollipop - I use my camera frequently and did not see this before the upgrade. I hope someone at Google will look into this for us.

lyallh

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on my Nexus 5. The problem was introduced with Lollipop - I use my camera frequently and did not see this before the upgrade. I hope someone at Google will look into this for us.

You can vote for this bug on code dot google dot com with issue number 80362.