Why does my G3 receive blurry videos and pictures, that are clear on the phone they are sent from?

A

AC Question

When someone sends me pictures or videos, they are pixellated like there's no tomorrow. When you look at it on their phone, the picture or video is perfectly clear. When I tap the 3-vertical-dots button on the top right of the screen and go to settings, and tap on "actual size" it is thumbnail size and even still, slightly blurry. It can't be their settings as the same picture sent to a different phone came out clear. What do I need to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! MMS has a max attachment filesize of around 1.2 MB (or even less, on some carriers). Most videos will get severely compressed if sent via MMS, so what you'll see on the receiving end is very low-res. A single photo should come through pretty clear, but if they attached several photos, that might make each photos low res.

The best way to send video is to upload it to YouTube or your Google Photos library, then share the link privately with the recipient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore Rebecca