Why does my HTC Incredible take 45 seconds or more to "wake up" to dial a call

A

AC Question

My HTC Incredible takes about 45 seconds to "wake up" to dial a call

Before this problem started about a week ago, to make a phone call I'd touch the name on my "people" list and the screen would immediately change to the "End call" page and dialling would begin.

Now, if the phone has been lying out of use for some time - like an hour or so - touching the name on the people list does not produces the "End call" page, instead the "Call" page opens (or persists if already open) for some time - 45 to 60 seconds - before the "End Call" page (usually) appears and dialling begins.

If the call is then cancelled and then repeated, or another number is called, then the response is immediate, as it used to be. It's like the phone was "asleep" and takes a while to wake up. Any ideas on a fix for this serious inconvenience?

The phone OS is Android 4.0.4 and is on the Verizon network, though Pageplus as been my "carrier" for a year.
Any ideas on a fix for this serious inconvenience? Verizon won't talk to me (no account with them) and Pageplus hasn't helped either.
Michael

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing all app caches: verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-58072/

If that doesn't help, try wiping the system cache partition. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgGdBN8GaI8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude