Why does my LG G6 lag 99% of the time?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm not talking about random lockups or freezes, no, I'm talking about screen swipes video playback button pressing everything has huge lag. Swipe the screen left and where it should be almost instantaneous going to the next screen on your home screen, I'm watching it move pixel-by-pixel and it takes about 3 to 4 seconds. Even the splash screen LG and carrier logos when you turn on the device or turn off the device are in slow motion. If I completely power off the device and then turn it back on sometimes it will actually not lag for about 5 minutes max. Then it just bogs down again.

I have done factory resets, uninstalled everything and it still acts like it just wants to operate in slow motion.

I'm at a loss guys any other reports of this happening to any other Android phone out there ever?

No water damage no physical damage the phones only 13 months old (figures it'd crap out after the 1 year warranty).

and apparently I got screwed over because the second-year promise that LG has apparently doesn't apply to my phone because even though the cell phone sales person who sold me the phone said he set it up for the second-year promise LG has no records and says there's absolutely zero they can do.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So, if you do a factory reset and try to use your phone with no apps installed, does it lag? If not, then I would guess the problem might be a 3rd party app that you've installed.

I had a similar situation with lagginess in my G6 which turned out to be a password app that was continuously monitoring if it needed to auto fill any forms with a login and password.

Ryan Cooley

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
So, if you do a factory reset and try to use your phone with no apps installed, does it lag? If not, then I would guess the problem might be a 3rd party app that you've installed.

I had a similar situation with lagginess in my G6 which turned out to be a password app that was continuously monitoring if it needed to auto fill any forms with a login and password.

It does it after a factory reset. All the time with intermittent lag free operation after full power off and restart.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It does it after a factory reset. All the time with intermittent lag free operation after full power off and restart.
If your phone lags and stutters after a factory reset and before you do a Google restore of all your apps, settings, and files, I can only think it is being caused by two things:

1) Your phone has a hardware defect (memory issue or motherboard?).

2) Some app or background process that was installed during your last OS upgrade is causing the problem.

I've been running the latest version of the OS (Oreo) on a AT&T LG G6 with absolutely no lagging issues. The only change I've done which you might not have, is disable some bloatware and unused pre-installed apps on my phone by using the app called LG Package Disabler. I disabled some very obvious bloatware along with apps like Facebook which I don't use.

Sorry you've been having these issues... I know how super frustrating it is.

lg g6 user

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm not talking about random lockups or freezes, no, I'm talking about screen swipes video playback button pressing everything has huge lag. Swipe the screen left and where it should be almost instantaneous going to the next screen on your home screen, I'm watching it move pixel-by-pixel and it takes about 3 to 4 seconds. Even the splash screen LG and carrier logos when you turn on the device or turn off the device are in slow motion. If I completely power off the device and then turn it back on sometimes it will actually not lag for about 5 minutes max. Then it just bogs down again.

I have done factory resets, uninstalled everything and it still acts like it just wants to operate in slow motion.

I'm at a loss guys any other reports of this happening to any other Android phone out there ever?

No water damage no physical damage the phones only 13 months old (figures it'd crap out after the 1 year warranty).

and apparently I got screwed over because the second-year promise that LG has apparently doesn't apply to my phone because even though the cell phone sales person who sold me the phone said he set it up for the second-year promise LG has no records and says there's absolutely zero they can do.

i need to really ask something guys. i have disabled a few apps and only after the lag started in games like ros and fortnite. I am also a lg g6 h870ds user and i really do not know if my phone is just bad or is it something wrong i set in the phone which is causing the lag. Pls do advice guys i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards