why does my phone keep on overheating and switches off every 2 minutes ?

  • Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Android Central Question

yesterday i took my phone in the shower. though there was no direct contact with water, there was some water in the cover and the speaker of the phone stopped working . so i removed the cover and dried it with a hair dryer. after 10 minutes of doing it , my phone screen showed me a notification of overheating but i could not feel it. then it got switched off. it is switching on when i try to do it . but it switches off again and again after every 2 minutes of switching on. what should i do ?


Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Most likely water damage. There doesn't need to be direct contact with water to get that. In a shower area there will be water vapor and in some cases steam. Those can get inside the phone and condense there.