Why does my VZW LG G3 WiFi and Bluetooth turn on automatically and not let me turn it off?

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon LG G3.

When I power my phone on the wifi automatically turns on, but not all the way. It gets stuck in "Turning WiFi On" mode, the icon keeps flashing and I cannot get it to stop trying to turn on. Also, the Bluetooth turns on. Sometimes I am able to use the quick launch icon to turn off the BT, but not always. My phone gets really hot and then proceeds to restart over and over.

Even after a factory wipe, the first thing that happens when the setup pops up is "WiFi Turning On."

I have un-checked or turned off every option in wifi settings, turned off all location settings, even went into every factory app and turned off all "automatic location/sync/retrieval" setting I could find.

PLEASE tell me there's a fix for this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds really abnormal. Since it persists after a factory reset, I'd suspect either a firmware or hardware defect. Ask Verizon if they can give you a replacement; otherwise, you may have to deal with LG for warranty repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463