Why does the Play store popup on G3?

W1ngcommander

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Play store popups on G3

Hi i have an incredibly frustrating issue on my LG G3, for some reason at random times while in apps the phone will randomly change apps to the Play Store on a page like "DU Speed Booster" or something like that, theres nothing in my notifications drawer and i ive used Avast, Malwarebyte, TrustGo ad detector etc. to try and find something but they all find nothing

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Play store popups on G3

Have you checked Settings-Apps-downloaded and settings-apps-all to see if there is an app that's already been installed and set itself to some kind of real-time monitoring mode? Speed boosting and cleaning apps can do a lot of annoying things while not technically being classified as Malware. The other thing is to manually look through your file manager's folders to see if there is anything fishy there.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like your tapping on in-app adverts, which is opening Google Play Store. Does it happen with one specific app or does it just happen randomly (in apps or on homescreen/app draw)?

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Mine does that too, I think it is some type of advertising pop-up they included for the play store, I think my G-pad also does it sometimes. Everytime it is some new game or app they are probably trying to pitch us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO