why does win8.1 suck

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Update 1: I've downloaded driver, extracted it into its own folder. When I plug in the Nexus 4 and select driver detail, I get 'Acer composite ADB interface version7.0.0.1, driver details say 1. winsub.sys 2. WdCoInstaller01009.dll 3. WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll. What the heck is Acer stuff on my nexus 4? I have an old Acer Laptop and now have an Asus.
When I go by these instruction my only options under Update Driver is Search Auto for updated and Browse my computor.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/general/drivers-nexus-4-driver-windows-t1992345
Its not my Nexus 4, it's not the USB cable, it's not the USB port, it's windows 8.1 which is stopping my Nexus 4 from connecting to my laptop. I can plug into a Windows seven laptop and it connects as Sweet as can be!

So has anyone figured out how to get this GD win8.1 to connect to a Nexus 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Its not my Nexus 4, it's not the USB cable, it's not the USB port, it's windows 8.1 which is stopping my Nexus 4 from connecting to my laptop. I can plug into a Windows seven laptop and it connects as Sweet as can be!

So has anyone figured out how to get this GD win8.1 to connect to a Nexus 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

drivers. download the correct drivers.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I've never used Win 8 (or 8.1) but if you have a wireless router, you might try something like Airdroid. I have Win7 on my laptop and Linux (Linux Lite 2.0) on my desktop and can connect just fine with my Note Edge but Airdroid is faster and easier.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never used Win 8 (or 8.1) but if you have a wireless router, you might try something like Airdroid. I have Win7 on my laptop and Linux (Linux Lite 2.0) on my desktop and can connect just fine with my Note Edge but Airdroid is faster and easier.

Wow, Airdroid! Tried it out and it is fantastic! You made my day! Great App!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mossi