Why doesn't my Google Play store download anything?

Tabish Qadeer

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Google Play store doesn't download anything

I just starting experiencing this yesterday when I tried downloading line messenger but google download bar keeps loading but actually doesnt download it and give an error 194.

I tried downloading other apps and the same happened so I tried troubleshooting by researching over the internet and got a very few solutions like:

-clearing google play store cache and data
-clearing google services cache and data
-then rebooting

I also tried re-syncing my google accounts
I have two of them one is personal and the other is my office
I also tried using just one account but no luck

so eventually I came to a conclusion of hard reset which usually fixes everything

But guess what no luck with a bit of different outcome

the download status keeps downloading but does not actually download only this time it doesn't give any error messages like "194"

so guys can someone help me I have searched your forum and the solutions are still not helping I am using wifi i don't use mobile data also my mobile is LG G3 D855 on android lollipop 5.0 which came with the mobile.

so is it my account or my wifi that has a problem or is my phone malfunctioning.
cause I can still download apks and install them just that I cant from google play store
please can someone help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Play store doesn't download anything

Hello Tabish, welcome to Android Central! It seems that many users had the same problem recently. Google is aware of that and they are trying to find a way to fix it. You can join this long thread in Google forums.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/play/hIIJ1nauNf4

For some people just using a different WiFi connection or using mobile data fixed the problem. Worth a try.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Play store doesn't download anything

I just remembered. Google have been pushing this week the Play Services update. It's done under the hood so maybe you didn't even notice. Just in case, have you tried uninstalling updates for the Play Services? It could be related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hermes14