Why doesn't the touchscreen work sometimes on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

ivy alfeche

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Touchscreen sometimes doesn't work in my samsung galaxy S3

It just stopped respoonding to my touch and i couldn't unlock it no matter where i swipe but otherwise the phone is working, i got messages and calls i just couldnt answer them. after few hours it work and searching through the net i did al theses factory reset , rebooting take out the battery leave it even for one hour but then it keeps freezing and then for two days it remains the same so i turned it off and bought a cheaper phone. but yesterday i turned on my s3 again and it works for whole day but then it stop again during midnight and today again it works. Does anyone can help me about this? thanks in advance

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen sometimes doesn't work in my samsung galaxy S3

Welcome to Android Central. :)

It could simply be that the digitiser is failing.
Has the phone ever got wet?

Posted via the Android Central App

ivy alfeche

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

No it never gets wet nor dropped, and also last night it works so i performed that Samsung Touch test using *#0*# and i pass the test so it means its not hardware , right? im really confused with this phone it works whenever it likes and its very frustrating. thanks again

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

No it never gets wet nor dropped, and also last night it works so i performed that Samsung Touch test using *#0*# and i pass the test so it means its not hardware , right? im really confused with this phone it works whenever it likes and its very frustrating. thanks again
If you are rooted, then you can just try another ROM. I would suggest SlimKat from Slimroms.net. It's fast and light.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ivy alfeche

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

its not rooted i think, at least i didn't since im not really this tech geek, but this happens though when i went to recovery mode to wipe cache partition cause i read here try this , after wiping i press reboot now and that green android symbol says error just before my phone turned on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppletoDroid40