Why I'll Stay With Verizon

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad your wife is ok.

I got pissed at big V once and went over to AT&T. I regretted it within hours. Once I got outside of the city, coverage was very spotty. I ended up breaking contact and crawling back to big V.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I originally went with Verizon because of their coverage in our area. Over the last couple of years I've given strong consideration to switching to Sprint. AT&T offers no service in this area, TMO is spotty voice (at best) and data is 1x but Sprint has decent coverage on the interstate near us but very spotty coverage in rural areas of Kansas.

My wife was driving home from Wichita airport on Monday afternoon and was on Kansas Hwy 15 which is a rural road that runs through the center of Kansas north/south. About 25 miles from home she had a terrible car accident. A guy in a car ahead of her saw it happen and turned around and came back. His Sprint phone did not work, but, my wife's Verizon phone was able to place a call and paramedics and sheriff department were notified. I was called and rushed to the scene.

Had it not been for Verizon he would have had to leave the scene and find the closest house to make those calls. Our one year old car was completely destroyed and miraculously my wife walked away with a few cuts, lots of bruises and some soreness but we didn't know that until she was taken to emergency and x-rays and cat scans done.

Just two weeks ago I had signed up for an account at Sprint but something told me to have her use her Verizon phone when she flew out of town for her trip.

I have a few posts in here from the past with me bi***ing about Verizon. I won't be doing that, at least for awhile. Our Verizon service worked where no one's elses did and I will not forget that those few extra dollars a month are not much compared to my wife's life.

Just sharing my own story, I never thought I would be saying "thank God for Verizon" but, you know what, there it is. And I never meant it more than now.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a few posts in here from the past with me bi***ing about Verizon. I won't be doing that, at least for awhile. Our Verizon service worked where no one's elses did and I will not forget that those few extra dollars a month are not much compared to my wife's life.

yup. Peace of mind has to be worth something. It's nice being able to make a call almost anywhere.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
First I'm glad you're wife is ok .
Secondly yeah sounds like it was a great thing she had the Vzw phone and the call was able to be made from the scene.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I whole heartedly agree. Verizon has the best network overall, in emergency situations is where it is worth its weight in gold. Sure, you might never need it, but when you do, it is worth every penny.

johnpent

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am so over Sprint. I carry my Verizon mifi 4g just to have consistent browsing as my wife drives. We are going to dump our sprint galax s2 and each gets S3 verizon.

Still ICS on sprint s2.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky Sprint and Verizon have roaming agreements in my area. i used to have service issues where my Verizon friends didn't...but now I have service everywhere Verizon does. My plan comes with nationwide roaming included. I keep roaming disabled unless I'm in a sketchy service area (rare in S. FL)

glad your wife is ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackyDev