Why is Avast picking up privacy issues on a deleted wallpaper?

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Avast picks up privacy issues on a deleted wallpaper

Avast keeps bringing up privacy issues w/ Dark Death Live Wallpaper....I installed and removed it right away last week, and avast is still issuing a warning. Did it leave something/file behind I need to search and delete it? TIA

I have a Note 3 Verizon running Android v4.42

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Avast picks up privacy issues on a deleted wallpaper

Is Avast specifically mentioning the wallpaper? What's the message you're getting?

Use a file manager app and search through the various data directories to see if there might be some folder associated with the wallpaper that got left behind after uninstalling. If you find such a folder, delete it.

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm coming up w/ 0 files, searched for dark death, dark, and death w/ asterisks on either side....still came up w/ zero....so where should I look or search for? Seems like Androzip's search is more robust than Filemanager's

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

(Data folders (/data's subfolders) are hidden in unrooted phones.)

Avast should give you the option to fix the problem. If you fix it once, it shouldn't come up again. If it does, contact Avast (android@avast.com). Virus programs also pick up false positives. (Today Avast started telling me that the solitaire game I've had on my phone for years [no updates] is a PUP. I reported it as a false positive and told it to ignore the app. It's not Avast's fault, it's due to the nature of how potentially unwanted programs, viruses and malware are detected. The problem is correctable by Avast, they just have to be told that the hit is false.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer