Why is my battery draining so fast on my HTC One M8?

Haser53

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Battery Life Drain HTC one m8

I recently switched over from the iPhone to the HTC one m8 right before Thanksgiving. Since then I've been trying to remove the bloatware to help increase battery life. I was looking at the usage stats on the phone and the "Android System" uses 90% of the battery. I was wondering if this was a normal number or if it was on the high end. (I would post the pictures but can't seem to figure out how to upload them)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life Drain HTC one m8

On a new phone, if it sits for hours not being used, that's about normal. Nothing else is using much battery.

(The 90% isn't 90% of the battery's power, it's 90% of the power being used - which could be 1% of the battery's power. If nothing else is using power, Android System and Android OS will use almost all [100%] of the power being used.) Run an app for a while, right after unplugging the charger, then look and you'll probably see that the screen was using most of the power.

Haser53

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery Life Drain HTC one m8

Okay! thank you for the response. I was confused when i first read the numbers, after reading your response that helped! thank you again :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor