Why is my battery draining so quick

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So my battery was very great when i first got my s10+
It then got worse over time and i tried factory resetting but it doesnt help.

Either i use all my battery in 5 hour of sot with normal usage or else it just drains with idle.

If i should even manage to get over 5 hour sot i have to watch netflix or youtube for straight 3-4 hours

Location is on. Bluetooth and nfc is off.
Mostly wifi on these stats

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Cell standby is also high - the carrier you picked doesn't have a very good signal where you are.

And if you regularly let the battery drain to almost 0%, you're killing it. 100%-45% is a safe range. Letting it drop to 40% shortens the life a little. Letting it drop to almost 0% shortens the life drastically. (Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries. The only reasons they're used is because they're light and because they can be made into thin packages.)

You've probably killed the battery enough that you'll need a replacement soon. (But 5 hours SoT isn't that bad. Cellphones don't go 2 days of heavy use [and your usage qualifies as heavy] between charges.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree about the suspicion regarding poor cell signal. Install GSam Battery Monitor and see how your cell signal strength is throughout the day. Does the battery drain correspond with poorer signal?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may not matter if you switch to 3G -- if your overall signal is poor, that will lead to greater battery drain. If you know where your signal is poor (like at home), you could try turning on Airplane Mode while you're in that location, which will turn off the cell radio. You should still be able to turn on wi-fi and use wi-fi calling. If that's too much of a hassle, then just accept that your battery life won't be optimal, or consider switching carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174