Why is my battery too cold to charge

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi there all,

I'm looking for some advice on what to do, recently my phone has been saying that my phone cannot charge because the phone temperature is too low to charge and will resume charging when it returns to normal.

Now I've contacted Samsung about this however due to the glass on the back of my phone having a tiny crack on it for over 2 months (this hadn't affected the performance of the phone) it isn't covered by the warranty and they want to charge me a lot of money to get the phone fixed or replaced.

I was wondering if anyone has had some luck on identifying the problem - my phone is the note 10+

Last edited by a moderator:

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi there all,

I'm looking for some advise on what to do, recently my phone has been saying that my phone cannot charge because the phone temperature is too low to charge and will resume charging when it returns to normal.

Now I've contacted samsung about this however due to the glass on the back of my phone having a tiny crack on it for over 2 months ( this hadn't affected the performance of the phone) it isn't covered by the warranty and want to charge me a lot of money to get the phone fixed or replaced.

I was wondering if anyone has had some luck on identifying the problem my phone is the note 10+

just because a crack does not immediately affect the performance does not mean it won't. It is no longer dust or water proof. also depending what caused the crack, like if it was dropped, does not mean something was not damaged. again, not everything fails immediately, I think you will end up paying if you want to keep the phone.

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
just because a crack does not immediately affect the performance does not mean it won't. It is no longer dust or water proof. also depending what caused the crack, like if it was dropped, does not mean something was not damaged. again, not everything fails immediately, I think you will end up paying if you want to keep the phone.

It happened to me when I first got the phone but didn't think much of it at the time, the phone has been kept in the case since the back cracked a bit and I haven't taken it out the case, just want to try figure out what could have caused it so I can try get the part and do it myself

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I seem to recall this kind of thing happening with water damage as well. Is this a possibility with your phone? Since it has a crack, the IP rating would essentially be nullified.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Flash fresh firmware at 24% charge? I wouldn't recommend that. An estimate might be the best first step, because if it's a bad motherboard it's going to be pretty expensive.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me when I first got the phone but didn't think much of it at the time, the phone has been kept in the case since the back cracked a bit and I haven't taken it out the case, just want to try figure out what could have caused it so I can try get the part and do it myself
Are you it happened before or after the cracked back?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No they can wireless charge it then flash firmware
Can he? If the charger chip is bad, wireless charging is also going to stop at 24% - and may not charge fast enough to keep up with the phone's use of the battery. It's risky. One bad flash and it could become a paper weight. And a Note 10 is an expensive paper weight.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can he? If the charger chip is bad, wireless charging is also going to stop at 24% - and may not charge fast enough to keep up with the phone's use of the battery. It's risky. One bad flash and it could become a paper weight. And a Note 10 is an expensive paper weight.
Yeah he can charge wireless, I had the notification pop up on my charging port for damp on my note 9 wouldn't charge through port do to that prompt and charged it wirelessly and then flashed the firmware .

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site

I haven't tried wireless charging yet but I have got a wireless charge on the way and then I'll try it. But you are right it is a very expressive paper weight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech