Why is my G3 so laggy?

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got the G3 one major issue and one minor issue so far

I have had the phone for 24 hours, the one major issue i have is its very laggy and sluggish, i am coming from the m8 and its night and day when it comes to lag and sluggish feeling of the os and transitions etc..

anyway to fix this or is this phone just like that?

my minor issue is when i set my own image as wallpaper its scrolling and i dont have the option to have it fixed, anyway to change that?

thats my two issues as of now, one is a big problem the other a minor one, i switched to this phone mainly because the m8 camera was fine for the most part but i go to alot of events and it tends to over expose light so it was a big issue for me and i was hoping this one would be better at that, i havnt tried that out yet but if i cant get rid of the lag i might not get the chance to try that out

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got the G3 one major issue and one minor issue so far

1) Try your carrier. It depends on why it lags. One rogue app or system function could cause it, or there could be a hardware problem.

2) Learn where the camera app meters and you won't overexpose. (Pointing the metering spot at the only matte black object in a bright scene will cause overexposure, pointing it at a spotlight in an otherwise dark scene will cause underexposure - in the same phone. Most bad pictures are operator error - a bad camera usually just doesn't take pictures, or leaves lines or streaks in the pictures.)

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
There are a few different things you can do but the lag/studdering of the UI. You can use a different launcher like Nova, or you can turn off the animations in Developer Options, or even just change them to .5 so they're a little less intense. Some of tried moving over to ART and say it's faster. I think the best thing is to check for updates. I've found that over time the phone has gotten a little faster with each update.

As for the wallpaper I'm not sure of what your asking. Are you trying to set the picture as portrait or landscape? Portrait never scrolls but I believe landscape does.

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
There are a few different things you can do but the lag/studdering of the UI. You can use a different launcher like Nova, or you can turn off the animations in Developer Options, or even just change them to .5 so they're a little less intense. Some of tried moving over to ART and say it's faster. I think the best thing is to check for updates. I've found that over time the phone has gotten a little faster with each update.

As for the wallpaper I'm not sure of what your asking. Are you trying to set the picture as portrait or landscape? Portrait never scrolls but I believe landscape does.

i want the image to stay the same not move with the screen, on the m8 the default is that its fixed there where this is scrolling and i dont see an option to change that

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i want the image to stay the same not move with the screen, on the m8 the default is that its fixed there where this is scrolling and i dont see an option to change that

Turn off all animations in developer settings. Use nova launcher and select the wallpaper not to move and also set speed of light animation in the nova launcher settings. Problems solved. Sometimes out of the box settings are not what we really want. So we can change them.

Posted via the Android Central App

bonypony

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Switched to art on att and all is smooth.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Go to app manager check running apps then disable what you don't use.

Posted via Android Central App

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

If your phone is an AT&T variant then there are only 2 things you need to do. 1) switch your runtime from Dalvik to ART and 2) change the animation and transition animations to .5x. Do NOT turn off animations and transitions because you will get a very choppy user experience since apps and windows will jump from one to the other without any transition which will make the experience very not smooth. You don't need to change launchers either. These are the only two things you need to do and your phone will be super fast and buttery smooth. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny