Why is my home WiFi constantly getting an exclamation mark and stopping.

KennyBS1

Apr 3, 2019
Visit site
Apologies if answered elsewhere, just don't know what to search for.

I connect to my home WiFi and it works like normal. Randomly the internet just stops and an exclamation mark shows next to the wifi symbol and says no internet. I need to disconnect and reconnect and it works until it happens again randomly. (it can work anytime in between 5 mins and an hour)

My partners device/my firestick/laptop all are connected with not a problem but this keeps happening to my phone and only on my home WiFi.

How can I fix this as extremley frustrating when watching or playing games and it disconnects?

Any help is appreciated :)

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried re booting the router? Another thing to try is on your phone select forget your home WiFi router then re connect with your WiFi password.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the router if other devices get internet connections. But if forgetting the connection and putting it in again doesn't help, there may be something wrong with the phone and you'd have to bring it to a repair shop to get it fixed. (Intermittent limited connections are almost unheard of - either the phone connects and gets a full connection, it connects and gets a limited connection or it doesn't connect. Bouncing in and out of a full connection would mean something like the phone's "idea" of the gateway address keeps dropping. And that would mean bad eMMC storage.)

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I know Rukbat said it won't be the router as other devices work okay.

I had a similar problem where my phone and TV worked fine but my Samsung tablet would intermittently disconnect, replacing the router solved the problem. Before you send your phone for repair check the phone on a friend's WiFi just to confirm that the fault is with the phone.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Check the settings on the router for the number of devices allowed to connect.
By default, the number is usually 255 or something like that, but for security reasons someone may have lowered that number so that new devices are now competing for not enough slots.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar